Paul Lambert

limpid

Much as I want him out, if we have no new owner lined up and are going to be in a 'transitory phase' for several months, I would prefer him to stay till our new owners fire him than be left with a caretaker manager. 

If he is gone and there is no sign of a buyer, expect Graham Taylor or Alan Curbishley to come in as interim manager until the future of the club is resolved. You read it here first! Pure speculation on my part by the way...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-news-paul-lambert-3564045?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Staying put: Lambert is likely to remain at Villa Park

Aston Villa are expected to confirm on Monday that boss Paul Lambert is staying despite Randy Lerner putting the club up for sale.

Lambert and Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner flew to USA last week for talks with the club’s US owner. The trio spent Thursday and Friday in New York discussing Villa’s short-term plans while the club is on the market.

With no firm buyer lined up, Lambert wants guarantees for spending this summer after a second successive relegation battle.

The Scot returned to the UK over the weekend and is now expected to remain in charge after the productive talks with Lerner.

The American had initially planned to veto any new contracts or major transfers before offloading the club sparking fears Lambert may quit.

But Villa have now tabled new offers to out of contract players like Gary Gardner, who is set to sign a one-year extension. The club are also trying to get Marc Albrighton to stay but the winger is wanted by Leicester.

• Like 2

clicky

Aston Villa are expected to confirm on Monday that boss Paul Lambert is staying despite Randy Lerner putting the club up for sale.

Lambert and Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner flew to USA last week for talks with the club’s US owner. The trio spent Thursday and Friday in New York discussing Villa’s short-term plans while the club is on the market.

With no firm buyer lined up, Lambert wants guarantees for spending this summer after a second successive relegation battle.

The Scot returned to the UK over the weekend and is now expected to remain in charge after the productive talks with Lerner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-news-paul-lambert-3564045#ixzz326e052s5 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I don't know why people thought we would be sold quickly. I doubt most organisations or rich individuals would pay 200 odd million without serious auditing and negoitation. We where not going to be sold in a week. However if by the middle of June there is no major offer on the table I would start to get seriously worried that come 14-15 we could still be in the same situation. At the momet it is just wait and see.

Well that's shit.

That means the takeover isn't close and there's a chance Lambert will be in charge next season.

Pretty much the worst case scenario

Still early days. The season is barely over.

Can't wait to watch our top quality squad under the magnificent guidance of Paul Lambert for a third year. What a footballing treat we are all in for next season........

• Like 2

From this news it's apparent that there is no imminent sale and the 2 Paul's remaining is the sensible option. We could still be for sale in September so someone has to run the club and Lerner is never going to sack either of them. If there are limited funds available then Lambert may as well spend them to add to the squad he has built. Benteke is talking about being available in September and Okore will be available as will Kozak. Add some loans and maybe a bit of experience and it may maintain stability until any sale completes.

Â