Paul Lambert

limpid

Funny video that which spent a minute looking at the stadium roof for some reason!

I actually thought at the end they were chanting "we want Lerner out" but seems it was Lambert on another listening.

Which player got booed when he came over as it did seem there were loud boos but couldn't see as the camera was pointing skywards at that point.

And Gabby did initially clap before standing on the halfway line just staring into space so hardly storming down the tunnel without acknowledging the villa fans as some were claiming on his thread.

If you were more concerned about your football club trying to win a game than trying to win a an argument you would not have posted that comment about an expected change in attitude after 'we beat Crystal Palace' then sending someone a vitriolic private message when they reminded you of your arrogant comment following defeat to Crystal Palace.

:) I sent the PM straight after you came out the woodwork to gloat about my team losing. And not only did you gloat about Villa losing, you saw fit to use me as a target for your little witch hunt. I told you privately what I thought of your behaviour, which I am perfectly entitled to do so.

The truth is I am not putting up with this witch hunt mentality or posters enjoying defeats to get back at people who actually want their team to succeed. I have a different opinion, embrace it.

I did not gloat about Villa losing. Show me anywhere in any forum where I have actually stated anything that can (by a normal thinking person) be construed as gloating that Villa had lost. I want them to win every game (although people like you seem to think otherwise).

You are not perfectly entitled to start your private message with the title word removed or use foul and abusive language directed at me. Wherever you got this perverted idea from it wasn't from the posting guidelines or any other VT rule book.

You post on here as if you have some wonderful insight into the workings of AVFC and spout that everything will be better in a few weeks or months but you never ever come up with any hard evidence to back up your claims.

To be honest I don't care whether you are pro or anti Lambert but I would say that you are in a minority in your beliefs about the success of the last two seasons and the likely improvement over the next few weeks and months.

• Like 2

Funny video that which spent a minute looking at the stadium roof for some reason!

I actually thought at the end they were chanting "we want Lerner out" but seems it was Lambert on another listening.

Which player got booed when he came over as it did seem there were loud boos but couldn't see as the camera was pointing skywards at that point.

And Gabby did initially clap before standing on the halfway line just staring into space so hardly storming down the tunnel without acknowledging the villa fans as some were claiming on his thread.

Anything to have a pop huh? i took the video and was filming it at arms length with one hand at that point when whilst watching the reaction but not through the video cam at that time!! it might have been a little shaky but so what?? it demonstrates he has lost the fans.

You are first person to have a go at the video!! appreciate the fact that i recorded and was able share this on here with everyone who didn't go the match like yourself!!!

If people like Matt Kendrick thought like you do about all but 10secs of at Stadium Roof then it will been classed as garbage and not made Evening Mail's top story on Sports Section right now.

Edited by Villan4Life

Please can we just stop all this nonsense about people "gloating". I haven't seen anybody gloating on this site and it is probably a bit paranoid to think anyone is.

Also, it produces tedious side arguments which are diverting discussion away from the main issue of what has gone so terribly wrong with our club.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Please can we just stop all this nonsense about people "gloating". I haven't seen anybody gloating on this site and it is probably a bit paranoid to think anyone is.

Also, it produces tedious side arguments which are diverting discussion away from the main issue of what has gone so terribly wrong with our club.

Suits me.

Villan4life thanks for filming that and sharing, palace need a new roof though lol

cheers mate, looking at video i zoomed in to capture Lamberts reaction and you can see!! holding both hands but when i use one hand obviously filmed roof whilst i saw what was going on lol :) then when i noticed used two hands direct back towards the players... obviously heat of the moment stuff and i was drunk at same time!!

But then you get people like VillaChris who feels the need to have a pop at the way it was filmed, rather than talk about the actual talking point the chanting!! Just grow up VillaChris!

Thing is video doesn't have to be perfect, just highlighting the issues at moment!! but always some keyboard warrior around making sarcastic comments like VillaChris

Edited by Villan4Life

So we have a manager who may, or may not have been instructed to oust many players from an over paid and underachieving squad and replace them with cheaper players to provide sustainability for the clubs future. It's up to us individually to offer the benefit of the doubt or not as to whether PL had a choice in this.

This has resulted in a squad that lacks quality in depth since the £40M in funds over 2 years has been used to buy quantity over quality with the exception of a few players. Again, we don't know if this was ordered from the top or whether PL was trying to assemble his own team too quickly.

The manager has bought in one of the most exciting strikers in Benteke that fans could have wished for. Okore also who admittedly has yet to prove himself, was brought in against competition from Chelsea and was very well regarded so we should consider this an achievement.

Vlaar was a Lambert signing who we all know is crucial to our win rate.

This £40M squad was always going to be susceptible to injuries especially if the bigger, more influential players became unavailable.

Players that remain mostly fit like Gabby and Weimann for some reason have gone missing. These are the players that fans have most expected to see decent performances from, as has I imagine the manager. They have let us and the manager down. Our right back Bacuna has our 2nd highest goal tally. Our remaining fit strikers need to take responsibly for their own performances.

With the injuries we have suffered, and the individual performances of certain key players being so poor, what can we expect from Lambert? We cant expect him to have to crowbar decent performances out of these professional athletes. They should do this every week regardless of manager, formation, tactics, fans, league position etc.

I worry that fans are only thinking about results and not about:

1 - whether Lambert has done all that can be expected under the circumstances of restrictive finances, an aggressive plan to replace most part of a complete squad and such poor luck with injuries, and

2- What on earth his replacement is likely to achieve under the same circumstances but with a weak squad they will know less about than Lambert does and too small a budget to change much.

I'm not happy with tactics and substitutions, but I'm also not watching every training session so I cant say whether his decisions are justified.

I also think that Lambert probably knows what mistakes he's made and that these 2 seasons have been valuable learning experiences which he should improve from.

All things considered, I don't think its fair to write him off yet. Too many things have gone against him, and the things he could be held directly accountable for I feel are forgivable, under the circumstances.

Id worry about any new manager being able to keep us up on a shoestring and id rather stick with someone who has so far managed to do just that. SO unless something changes at the top I think we should be very careful what we wish for.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny
  • Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBd4fyLL4&feature=youtu.be

this guys video is at back!! 4mins in ''Lambert Out'' and can see exactly how many people are chanting it!! it's the whole stand!

I hope Paul Lambert joined in with the singing.

There's the guy, busting his balls all week & for the last two years trying to turn us around & the fans right on his back.

We've all been on that ride & surely fans can see that he has not had a proper fair crack of the whip.

If I was Paul Lambert yesterday I would have cracked our own fans with that whip to wake them up from their total obtuseness in failing to realise the bigger picture.

For God sake give the guy a break. We don't need all this bloody damn negativity eating away at us because it is totally degenerative.

For the Clubs sake, get behind the board, the manager & the team & scream them over the line.

Embrace it, embrace it, embrace it.

Aston Villa FC is the bigger picture.

this guys video is at back!! 4mins in ''Lambert Out'' and can see exactly how many people are chanting it!! it's the whole stand!

There's the guy, busting his balls all week & for the last two years trying to turn us around & the fans right on his back.

We've all been on that ride & surely fans can see that he has not had a proper fair crack of the whip.

If I was Paul Lambert yesterday I would have cracked our own fans with that whip to wake them up from their total obtuseness in failing to realise the bigger picture.

For God sake give the guy a break. We don't need all this bloody damn negativity eating away at us because it is totally degenerative.

For the Clubs sake, get behind the board, the manager & the team & scream them over the line.

Answer me this - If villa get relegated will you still be behind lambert?

• Like 1

Well said Sunny. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Our 4 most expensive signings (Benteke, Okore, Kozak & Nzogbia) are injured.

Take the 4 most expensive signs out of most teams and watch them struggle.

Lets grit out teeth, hope we stay up and see what happens next season. I'm not up for the club sacking Lambert and don't think they will anyway.

• Like 1

Villan4life thanks for filming that and sharing, palace need a new roof though lol

cheers mate, looking at video i zoomed in to capture Lamberts reaction and you can see!! holding both hands but when i use one hand obviously filmed roof whilst i saw what was going on lol :) then when i noticed used two hands direct back towards the players... obviously heat of the moment stuff and i was drunk at same time!!

But then you get people like VillaChris who feels the need to have a pop at the way it was filmed, rather than talk about the actual talking point the chanting!! Just grow up VillaChris!

Thing is video doesn't have to be perfect, just highlighting the issues at moment!! but always some keyboard warrior around making sarcastic comments like VillaChris

must admit it shocks me when we as a group of supporters ,we have a real issue with the running of our football team and so called supporters have so many side issues to raise like spelling and grammar and a full stop missing....for christ sake guys grow up and busy yourselves with what matters....don't sweat the small stuff.

Answer me this - If villa get relegated will you still be behind lambert?

Yes. Totally. If we did get relegated though I fully expect that he would resign or be sacked. I would stand by him because his project is like an epic movie. It's a slow burner with a great plot.

Suffice to say Lambert hasn't lost the plot.

• Like 1

Well said Sunny. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Our 4 most expensive signings (Benteke, Okore, Kozak & Nzogbia) are injured.

Take the 4 most expensive signs out of most teams and watch them struggle.

Lets grit out teeth, hope we stay up and see what happens next season. I'm not up for the club sacking Lambert and don't think they will anyway.

Excuses excuses excuses

Â