Paul Lambert

limpid

TBH I'm not that fussed about his buys, I just think his coaching and performance come match days isn't good enough.

He just keeps making more and more baffling and wrong decisions I mean how many people on here would have started with Holt against Everton?

• Like 4

I would give him til the end of the season personally then sack him for one we at least need being someone in who has a better playing style cuz this stuff is just awful he has addressed the wages issues now I hope comes the the cash for better quality player please don't give this to lambert why not go the foreign manager route upto 41 k people want a bit of entertainment for a bastard change

I find it frustrating that our midfield seem unable to pass the ball to a team mate on a regular basis. Either they aren't good enough, or they lack confidence and panic when they're on the ball. Could PL coach them to pass the ball more effectively? Or have we bought the wrong midfield? I could ask the same questions about our defence, and to a lesser extent about our strike force.

Would the same players be playing better football under a manager like Martinez or Rodgers? I'm beginning to think that our coaching needs to be scrutinised and our tactics robustly overhauled. All I know as an absolute fact is that I am slowly losing my passion for Villa …. which is sad.

Blaming Lerner or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that Lambert has wasted a lot of money on players who are not good enough

He's brought an entire squad (and more) for under £50m. Unfair to judge players who have not played an entire season in the Premier League.

KEA, Sylla, Tonev, Bowery, Bennett and Luna are a complete waste of money. 

Yes, he hasn't had a huge budget but what he has had, he has wasted on rubbish

He spent under £12.5m on KEA, Tonev, Sylla, Bowery, Bennett, and Luna.

TBH I'm not that fussed about his buys, I just think his coaching and performance come match days isn't good enough.

He just keeps making more and more baffling and wrong decisions I mean how many people on here would have started with Holt against Everton?

This is a major concern of mine too. I think he's a bit clueless really. 

Lambert is out of his depth here. It is time to move him on.

I agree I don't think he's quite ready for the premier league, I think he'll get better as time goes on just got to hope we don't get relegated in the mean time.

• Like 1

Blaming Lerner or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that Lambert has wasted a lot of money on players who are not good enough

He's brought an entire squad (and more) for under £50m. Unfair to judge players who have not played an entire season in the Premier League.

KEA 2m, Tonev 2.5m, Bowery 500k, Bennett 2.7m and Luna 1.7m = a grand total of 9.4m. Think Sylla, after having a great season last, hasn't been up to the standards this, but neither has Lowton or Westwood #secondseasonsyndrome 

Edited by Avflife

The man is clueless and this love in between lambert lerner and Faulkner will kill us? We have a rubbish midfield that he seems to love and despite vlaar being made of glass and us winning no games with the other 2 pratts on the field he chose not to buy defensive cover. Someone justify that to me?

The man is clueless and this love in between lambert lerner and Faulkner will kill us? We have a rubbish midfield that he seems to love and despite vlaar being made of glass and us winning no games with the other 2 pratts on the field he chose not to buy defensive cover. Someone justify that to me?

Errr? Lerners fault. You know he loves strikers so much he gets Lambert to make them priority :)

Thats not much of a defence, in fact that just highlights a near £12.5m waste.

Holt was pretty effective against Everton as he made space for over players. After he went off, Everton took control of the game.

Well from my seat he hardly touched the ball and did pretty much nothing. His departure had no bearing on Evertons ascendancy, that was down to Martinez's subs.

We've seen what this team is capable of though, we can be unplayable at times, but it's been far from consistent, and the bad performance's have been shocking.

However we cannot keep changing the manager, it's ridiculous. I'm still fully behind Lambert, and this one step forward two back is how it goes when everything about us is brand new, half way through the second season isnt long enough.

For me he has until the end of next season, that's a good time to assess where we are and if it should continue.

• Like 1

Surely Keeping Herd and Lichji would have been better and buying 2 defenders + Vlaar would have been enough. Also I never rated Bannan but his replacements are no better if not worse!

I think Lambert will resign before being sacked.

Fingers crossed

No manager resigns anymore because they don't get a huge payoff.

We have a manager that will never resign and a chairman that wont ever sack him.

Lambert has resigned on plenty occasions previously.

Surely Keeping Herd and Lichji would have been better and buying 2 defenders + Vlaar would have been enough. Also I never rated Bannan but his replacements are no better if not worse!

we still have Herd?

Fingers crossed

We have a manager that will never resign and a chairman that wont ever sack him.

Small clubs aren't worth much, his Villa contract would be worth millions, he isn't going to jack that in regardless.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed

you mean he could go again?
  • Like 4

Â