November Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge 2014/5  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12
    • 13-16
    • 17-20
  2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Optimistic
    • Slightly optimistic
    • Average
    • Slightly pessimistic
    • Pessimistic

No investment in january will spell disaster. We were 6 minutes away from 3 points and ended up with none...Benteke is out of the side again, and morale must be at a low point for the whole club. Pessimistic.

hard to be optimistic when we're 6 on the bounce without a win and only 1 goal. we'll see how it goes. I don't think we'll go down but I think we'll continue to struggle. also I see way too many of the same patterns from last season and the one before that to suggest that anything better is on the horizon.

6 defeats in a row, lacking mental bottle, and decision making across the board, confidence low, key players injured and suspended, playing better and more confident teams next. Rather fear we may continue to garner further unwanted records. 

6 defeats in a row, lacking mental bottle, and decision making across the board, confidence low, key players injured and suspended, playing better and more confident teams next. Rather fear we may continue to garner further unwanted records. 

yeah, there's not much flying in our direction atm. I fear we're going to lose to West Ham next weekend. Especially considering they're on form and we're nowhere near a form at all.

yeah, there's not much flying in our direction atm. I fear we're going to lose to West Ham next weekend. Especially considering they're on form and we're nowhere near a form at all.

All the more reason for us to win. What are the odds? Got to be worth a fiver.

I'm sticking with 9-12 :)

We've had a nice up, and a nasty down, it's going to be a roller-coaster but we'll average slightly better points per game than last season and that will be enough for 12th.

I'm down as slightly pessimistic as I thought we'd do better against QPR, and I think the loss against Spurs when really deserved at least a point is a big blow straight after that, so we could go completely tits up if we lose another couple and Lambert goes. Still though I think we have enough to bounce back.

I feel severely deflated and have lost the belief that we will win games now. As soon as we were ahead against spurs I was thinking about how we could mess up the game.

Still have hope and still want Lambert here, but I'm running out of patience now

The culmination of three years' worth of misery (especially at Villa Park) has left me feeling like I just don't care any more. No point in getting angry with the situation, I can't change it. I don't miss my season ticket and I simply raise a wry (empathetic) smile when I see the outpouring of ongoing angst on here. I've realised that there really is more to life than getting angry every other weekend down Villa Park.  

Sooner or later, struggling clubs WILL fall through the trap door. A season (or more) in a competition in which we stand more than our fair share of being able to compete in might do us (the fans, if not the club) some good. It would be shame to lose the Premier League 'ever present' label, but seriously, what good is it doing us right now? Canon Fodder - that's what.

Edited by Raver50032

The culmination of three years' worth of misery (especially at Villa Park) has left me feeling like I just don't care any more. No point in getting angry with the situation, I can't change it. I don't miss my season ticket and I simply raise a wry (empathetic) smile when I see the outpouring of ongoing angst on here. I've realised that there really is more to life than getting angry every other weekend down Villa Park.

Sooner or later, struggling clubs WILL fall through the trap door. A season (or more) in a competition in which we stand more than our fair share of being able to compete in might do us (the fans, if not the club) some good. It would be shame to lose the Premier League 'ever present' label, but seriously, what good is it doing us right now? Canon Fodder - that's what.

You know what, I agree. Id rather see us in the championship being a competitive upper midtable team scoring goals and paying entertaining football than the garbage we're suffering through now

Obviously I'd much rather see us do those things in the premier league, but if it's not doable (which doesn't look likely under current management) then I'm happy with just being entertained

• Like 1