• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

I know it's bordering on treason ,but them 10 points could be the worst thing to of happened to us .

False sense of security and all that .

Thats a good point because without those 4 wins Lambert would have not got a 4 year extension to his contract. 

absolutely right. I wish we lost those games.

What a load of bs.

Yes but sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards. Right now we are in purgatory.

Strange how you can be expecting something, yet still be shocked when it happens. Didn't feel confident about this game, but I'm still baffled as to how we managed to lose to that shambles of a team. The final ball lets us down big time, and has done for a while. Not expecting a result, or even a goal against Spurs, so we could potentially be looking at 6 losses without scoring a goal. That's just embarrassing and completely unacceptable for a side expecting to be in this division. The odd win here and there tends to make me feel a bit better about Lambert, but now my patience has just completely gone with him. How many unwanted records is that under his management now? He wouldn't last 5 minutes anywhere else.

Very sad times.

• Like 2

Carl Henry, Bobby Zamorra, Richard Dunne - how did we lose to a team containing those three.

I have been moaning about lack of possession - had loads of possession, did nothing with it.

Completely inept and clueless. I think our players, with a couple of exceptions, are very average, but I think they are badly coached, and should, and could, do better.

I am afraid it is down to Lambert. I have been waiting and hoping for improvement, but it has not happened.

I have slipped off the fence now, and have come down in the anti-Lambert side. 

Unfortunately, it may be some time before Lerner sacks him. Hopefully it will not be too late.

• Like 1

Interesting analysis that Sanchez was easily the best player for us but one crazy moment snuffs it all out.

Everyone has their own views on that.....for me I would rather a player play well all match and make a mistake....than play crap for most of the match an then play one redeeming moment.

Folk will always make their judgements on that.

For me Sanchez played well but that stupid moment seemed to dovetail perfectly in to a game where few other players could have complained to him.

Sanchez man of the match?  Why?

I voted for Cole, and could say Cleverly too.  But none of AV player should be man of the match.

Cole and Cleverly tried to do something.  They are one class above others.

Lambert out.  Redknapp was active but Lambert did nothing.  

Predicted a comfortable win for QPR by a couple of goals and was sadly spot on with that.

We set up in the way we usually set up.

4 defenders, 3 midfielders who don't get forward anywhere near enough, 2 strikers playing poorly as wingers and this time with Benteke up top. Essentially at times IMO we look like we're playing a 7-2-1 formation!

When it was clear the formation wasn't working what did Lambert do? Change it? No wait until we're 2-0 down and then make some changes. Sorry Paul too late!

For the next game I would like to see Gabby (who was awful) and Weimann (equally bad) dropped to the bench.  Bring in N'Zog to provide width and play Bent up front.

In terms of central midfield the mix is all wrong. If Sanchez is too play (I hope he does) then one of either Westwood or Cleverley either need to be dropped (As they are too similar) or need to be played far further forward.

Anyway - Lambert out.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

I was out and didn't watch the game.

Deep down I was expecting at least a point (and sadly I'd probably have been happy with that) but upon checking my phone for the score I wasn't even surprised.

I'd said before the game it had the air of the Fulham away game and from what I can see / the highlights this was unfortunately the case.

Ok, more possession is encouraging. What's more worrying is that after losing to QPR I have no idea where we are going to pick up points. Spurs and West Ham next, we'll be lucky to get a point.

At the same time I don't think we'll go down somehow. We'll probably win more important games towards the end of the season. But it's just so demoralising to see Villa as the whipping boys of the Premier League.

Haha, three votes for "manager's tactics - very good".

Sense of humour or deluded? :)

It's the people who were moaning that we didn't have enough possession when we were winning. Yes, technically we lost to a Melty prick's bottom of the league team, but we had...

MORE POSSESSION

23751.jpg

We really won the game 650 passes to 360.

• Like 3