• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

First game away, amazing support until the second went in, then toxic. Lot's of booing at the end, which Lowton clearly didn't like since he gesticulated rocket polisher towards the away end. Absolute word removed.

Two soft goals aside, we offer absolutely nothing going forward. No creativity, no width, no tempo; not surprising we havent scores in 5.

Lowton did what now??

First game away, amazing support until the second went in, then toxic. Lot's of booing at the end, which Lowton clearly didn't like since he gesticulated rocket polisher towards the away end. Absolute word removed.

Two soft goals aside, we offer absolutely nothing going forward. No creativity, no width, no tempo; not surprising we havent scores in 5.

Lowton did what now??

Hmmm...

For all the busy people slaggin Matt for tellin me to go after the game. It wasnt anythin to do with fans. He was tellin me to go home!!!!

Well come Sunday evening Spurs will have torn us a new arsehole so it will be six on the bounce with probably no goals scored and probably three more conceded. Despite being a STH I really cannot be arsed to turn up to watch more of this crap. Boycott??

Geoffrey would have more chance on scoring than this lot!

Past couple of seasons I would have forgiven a performance like this because we looked to be trying to build something longer term. Now that that plan seems to have been shelved this season all we are left with is what we are right at this moment... and that's absolute shite.

QPR are a bad team, a really really bad team and they were comfortable for pretty much the entire match. There is nothing positive to salvage, all you can take from that performance is that we are technically poor, tactically naive and prone to mistakes. **** marvelous!!

• Like 1

Just got back from the ground, what a **** joke. Two shit teams slugging out a terrible game of football.

They have one shot in the first half and score. Then Sanchez (who was by far and away our best player tonight btw) has a horror moment. As soon as he gave that ball away I knew they were gna score.

I assume Nzogbia was being punished for his attitude last week but in that case don't have him on the bench and get Grealish back there! Him or Bacuna would've been much better options than Cole or Bent (the latter went to play out wide!!).

It was also unfortunate that all our best chances fell to Ciaran Clark in the box.

Thoroughly depressed tonight and I can't see it getting any better on Sunday.

Past couple of seasons I would have forgiven a performance like this because we looked to be trying to build something longer term. Now that that plan seems to have been shelved this season all we are left with is what we are right at this moment... and that's absolute shite.

QPR are a bad team, a really really bad team and they were comfortable for pretty much the entire match. There is nothing positive to salvage, all you can take from that performance is that we are technically poor, tactically naive and prone to mistakes. **** marvelous!!

Thats exactly how I feel!

Just got back myself , Sanchez was by far the best player for us.

I thought when I saw the line up that we would et at least a draw but what a utterly poor display pass sideways and back , no creativity ?

I really believe Lambert should go.

No more villa games for me until things change.

Cole 2/10: Managed to block Benteke's header, then play a load of balls to nobody in particular.

To be fair to Cole, it was his ball to head, it was a clear goal chance, and Benteke pushed him off it. I'm not even sure Benteke knew it was a Villa player behind him. Thought Cold did OK after that as well. Edited by briny_ear

No surprises here. Unless we score the first goal in a game (by some miracle) we simply cannot win a football match. We are utterly incapable.

Getting spanked by City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton is one thing but tonight we showed how totally inept we are at creating chances. We are devoid of creativity and although we kept the ball okay at times we we're only passing it sideways.

I fail to see where our next win will come from and am fast running out of patience with Lambert and love for this team. I said after the Man City game (in reference to us not getting close to scoring against City, Chelsea and Arsenal) that I think we're the only team who would fail to create and score in those three games and now we've gone five games workout really threatening to score I'm just worried for our future in this league. Spurs and West Ham next will just continue to ensure this team continues to destroy my weekends.

Tonight was just dreadful. And once again we roll over for a side in need of a pick-up. Embarrassing.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

We have no midfielders willing to run forwards. Westwood did it once in the second half, talk about risk taking!

We dominated possession but didn't do anything with it.

When our full backs got the ball, the only option they had was to pass sideways into Westwood or cleverley, not good.

We need to play benteke up front with a partner and get some width into the side. What's the point in having a good header of the ball when the ball never gets into the box?

I can see this shit, jpw can't lambert.

He's basically unsackable as well now... hastily given contract was a bad idea.

Who put the Manager's tactics as very good? You can be arrested for trolling.

I admitted to it on the first page. It takes skill, dedication and hard work to get it this wrong this many times and keep your job.

If it cheers any of you guys up (it did me) I've just received stick from a Cov fan and a Blues fan. Just laughed in their faces. I wouldn't pipe up about football in our situation, they should be embarrassed to consider mocking villa

Hate 4-3-3. It don't work. 4-4-2 is needed and now. Nzogbia and jack out wide with gabby and Benteke up top. Stop trying to fit favs in every game paul! It's never going to work. Andi needs to be dropped. He's useless. Cleverly looks even worse than I thought.

I'll give clark credit he didn't do to bad IMO. Played well. Sanchez (minus that one pass which was horrid and more than costly) was a rock and a half.

Benteke= one season wonder.

With Delph out, we have no midfielders prepared to carry the ball forward ..... they all pass sideways or back and that means 50 passes to cross the half way line, it means next to no service to the forwards and it means no goals will be scored.

How obvious does it need to be to Lambert that somebody has to be a risktaker and the only lad I have seen this season - aside from Delph - who is prepared to take risks is Grealish and he don't make the bench !

Without the forward momentum from the midfield, the forwards are too easy to pick up and mark tight. When we run from midfield, we challenge the opposition backs and that creates space for the forwards ..... basic U12s coaching FGS !!!

Edited by Paul33

I wasn't terribly worried by our previous losses due to who we were playing. Rather concerned now. A couple injuries and the squad is suddenly looking thin, a number of the players on the pitch don't look fit or sharp enough, still plagued by poor decisions (especially in the final third), midfield balance is way off, even though Sanchez was improved for most of the match.

• Like 1

It wasn't the worst performance by any stretch, but we conceded two poor goals and desperately lack quality going forward. The only way I can see that changing is if Benteke hits his best form, but more is neded long term, both in terms of personnel and coaching. 

For me, it's not the fact that we've lost 5 games in a row. 4 of those Chelsea, City, Everton and Arsenal) were in the top 6 last year, I'm really not that surprised by those results to be honest and I'm surprised other fans are. When you look back at the games we've already played though, be honest with yourselves, are you really that shocked at the outcome so far? Wins against Hull and Stoke. Win against Liverpool, who are obviously miles better than us. And a draw against Newcastle, who also have a stronger squad. Having said that I'm not defending Lambert OR the players at all.

What annoys me is the absolutely embarrassing lack of control whilst in possession - we can barely hold on to the **** ball?! The lack of creativity is also embarrassing, and i could probably count our shots on target on my fingers and toes. Were also absolutely toothless in front of goal. We've seen some decent defensive performances this season, which is a big contrast from the past 4. Unfortunately i didn't see the game as i was at work but QPR haven't been great so far, we'd lost 4 in a row and i was expecting a result (aka 3 points). But apparently we were pretty awful according to a lot of pro's, journo's and commentators. I'd like to see Lambert and Keane be ruthless with our players now. They aren't good enough on the ball at all and the fans are extremely irate - and something needs to be done about it before a shitstorm emerges.