Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

If a youngster leave then so be it. We take youngsters from other clubs, so if one or two of ours go - however promising - then i'm not too perturbed. The last one that went with a massive reputation ended up playing at Small heath. So, what will be will be.

I remember Hepburn-Murphy and Green being linked with move away when they were coming through the youth system, and more recently Mungo Bridge was linked to AC Milan, I think Gary Gardner was linked to a few teams when he was a youth player with us as well, so these links don't always mean that the player will leave, and I'm sure there must be other examples as well.

50 minutes ago, peterw said:

If a youngster leave then so be it. We take youngsters from other clubs, so if one or two of ours go - however promising - then i'm not too perturbed. The last one that went with a massive reputation ended up playing at Small heath. So, what will be will be.

What if he ended up at Small Heath because he left us? :detect:

Edited by fightoffyour

some of these academy kids, put the shirt on and think they have arrived......fuelled by their fathers and their mates, who have high hopes and exagerrated opinions of their sons.

over the years many superlatives have been levelled at youth players, when in fact, there is actually much work to do, to get them to resemble a Pro Footballer.

The better ones are savvy and know this and stay at a club and persevere with their game adding attibutes as they go and perfecting them....Jack is a perfect example.

These kids and their fathers who try to fast track their talent, before it has blossomed usually end up on their arse.

Its a hard slog to "make it".....there is no short cut I'm afraid.

Edited by TRO

Edited by useless
Sports Review: Aston Villa is close to buying 15-year-old goalkeeper Olivier Zych. The Pole is currently a player of Zagłębie Lublin and the main goalkeeper of the Polish U16 national team
  • Thanks 1

Something I don’t get is how come our academy, for a significant period of time never seems to produce players in the positions we perennially need.

we seem to produce half decent Strikers, CAM, CM, CBs but I can’t remember the last winger or full back except Green.

Not saying it’s some systemic problem necessarily but watching Brighton’s LB today and seeing other teams playing 16-19 y.o. Full backs I can’t help think it would have helped us out in the last 5-6 years. 

• Like 1

He's signed been a months extension, as have Sarkic and Chester, although Evans says that Sarkic is still likely to leave. I think the idea is to which divsion we're next season, if we go down, Chester and Green might be useful players to have, not sure why Sarkc has been given another month if he's still leaving, maybe they thnk there's still a chance of keeping him.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

These players have been released...

Bazeley, Isaiah Robert Graham
Birch, Jack David
Chester, James Grant (Contract extension)
Doyle Hayes, Jake Billy
Gonzalez Tomas, Borja
Green, Andre Jay (Contract extension)
Hepburn-Murphy, Rushian Marcus Amori
Hooper, Anton Abeku
McCormack, Ross
O'Hare, Callum Luke
Odutayo, Colin Ladipo
Sarkic, Matjia (Contract extension)
Sea, Dimitri Disseka
Searle, Jamie Spencer

A few seniors in there but put it in this thread as mostly our acadey products... There's also a list for the retained players...

Scholars
Abldeen-Goodridge, Tristan Kareem 
Archer, Cameron Desmond (Offer)
Barry, Louie Mark 
Burton, Bradley (Offer) 
Farr, Charlie Edward James (Offer)
Hayden, Kaine Kesler 
Lindley, Hayden Taylor
Marschall, Filip 
Philogene-Bidace, Jaden (Offer)
Raikhy, Arjan Singh 
Ramsey, Aaron James 
Revan, Sebastian Emmanuel 
Sohna, Harrison Sheriff (Offer) 
Sohna, Myles Baboucarr (Offer) 
Sylla Diallo, Mamadou 
Young, Bradley Jamie Ethan 
Zito, Patrick Tchuako 

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Aston Villa have handed professional contracts to seven talented youngsters.

The teenage prospects have all impressed for the Young Lions and have now penned pro deals at Villa Park.

Defenders Bradley Burton, 18, Kaine Kesler, 17, and Myles Sohna, 17, have all signed agreements.

They join midfielders Harrison Sohna, 17, and Charlie Farr, 18, and forwards Louie Barry, 17, and Tristan Goodridge, 17, in putting pen to paper.

Congratulations to all seven Young Lions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting theboyangel and useless, I watched the whole interview with Goodridge, he sounds like he has his head screwed on. I haven’t seen him play though, can someone who has seen him play, tell me his strengths and weaknesses please? 

• Like 1

No mention of JPB in that seven but he's listed as an offer in the retained list, I hope he signs up soon - for me he's as bright a prospect as we have and the one that worries me in terms of others circling.

Great news on the others, I look forward to seeing some of them at some point in life when we get to watch football again and I hope Chukwuemeka is amongst them soon too.

Kesler is a great prospect - I know it's easy to focus on Louie Barry - but I think JPB and Kesler are as exciting a pair of young players as we have in the club based on what I've seen of them.

I've not seen Goodridge and don't recall seeing much of either Farr or the Sohna brothers - hopefully there will be a chance to do so by Christmas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No mention of JPB in that seven but he's listed as an offer in the retained list, I hope he signs up soon - for me he's as bright a prospect as we have and the one that worries me in terms of others circling.

Great news on the others, I look forward to seeing some of them at some point in life when we get to watch football again and I hope Chukwuemeka is amongst them soon too.

Kesler is a great prospect - I know it's easy to focus on Louie Barry - but I think JPB and Kesler are as exciting a pair of young players as we have in the club based on what I've seen of them.

I've not seen Goodridge and don't recall seeing much of either Farr or the Sohna brothers - hopefully there will be a chance to do so by Christmas.

That's the 2nd time I've heard Christmas mentioned this week. It's still June!

• Haha 3

Good news on the upgraded Academy - it is finished to the tune of £14 m. Now for those of you who go watch the games, you have some carparking space ?? 

North of the main complex

spacer.png

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 1

Â