Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, looks like this guy, as u say, Iffy Udanoh.

Aston Villa have beaten Liverpool to the signing of 'next Virgil van Dijk'- reports

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-beaten-liverpool-signing-16814138

77182Udanoh.png

this is apparently a picture of him?, although i have no idea what Udanoh looks like, could be a Villa shop assistant for all i know?!?!?!!?

You mean that udanoh what Udanoh looks like? 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

You mean the udanoh what Udanoh looks like? 

you da know ..........nothing.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

So, i see multiple reports that iffy Udanoh has signed for us?

I havent seen anything official though, i would have thought that if this kid was a big signing (for future prospect), that the club would at least have stated we signed him?

U21s playing Salford on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy, technically we're allowed to use some senior players and whilst it might be useful to give some of them a game for match fitness, I doubt we'll take up that option, would probably be unfair on Salford and on our younger players. Should be a good chance for the likes of Archer, Ramsey and others to get some experience against league opposition though.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

U21s playing Salford on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy, technically we're allowed to use some senior players and whilst it might be useful to give some of them a game for match fitness, I doubt we'll take up that option, would probably be unfair on Salford and on our younger players. Should be a good chance for the likes of Archer, Ramsey and others to get some experience against league opposition though.

Where is it being played?

Just noticed that there are only three teams in our group, ourselves, Trammere and Salford, the fourth team was to be Bury, but they must have been expelled from the competition. Also seems as though in the group stages none of the Premier league academy sides have any home fixtures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve signed young striker Tristan Abideen Goodridge from AFC Wimbledon, I think he is a first year scholar, so 16 years old. He has a profile on our official site

Excellent. We should refuse to sign any youth players without bizarre names. We have a reputation to uphold, and I feel this is in line with our high standards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â