Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

I went and it was a good game, we started really brightly (the opening three minutes were bonkers) but we faded badly after an hour. I thought Wright and Ramsey were both really impressive in the first half, I liked the look of McConnachie and Revan looked better as the game went on - our keeper also looks very decent. Indiana Vasilev works like Sisyphus (which means he works hard) fair play to him, he put a huge shift in.

We were shattered after an hour and fair play to Swansea, they battled on - their number 11, number 8 and especially their number 2 looked decent and they showed good character in coming back. Our fourth goal is a thing of beauty.

It was good to see the entire staff seemingly there, Dean Smith, Richard O'Kelly, John Terry and Neil Cutler joined by Christian Purslow and Jesus Pitarch in a nice warm hospitality box. I'm sure they enjoyed it.

Onwards to a home tie with (probably) Reading, somewhere around the 14th or 15th January.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who was the number 10? Just seen his goal on Facebook 

Jacob Ramsey - first time I recall seeing him, he's impressive driving at the defence, sometimes looked like he wasn't so good when he had a lot of time and was looking for a pass, but his instinctive stuff is excellent - he had a really good game.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At the point at which Sawiris and Edens took over, our academy was about to be downgraded - the way academies are structured nowadays, that's almost a death sentence - the top grade have different rules in terms of signing youngsters and taking youngsters from other teams - it's only the incredibly hard work of David Hughes and his team in persuading the FA that we were still viable despite missing several of the key things they demand that kept us in it.

Since then, there's been a new investment, we've added to what we had and are moving in the right direction again - like a lot of things at the club, the academy suffered during this decade and needed sorting out. That we have a few promising players at all might be considered something of an achievement. The proof of where we are will come in the next four or five years - Delaney and Hughes have the chance to take us there.

Was this discussed at the meetings you attend? Any idea of what was missing?

Â