Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Rory Hale tweeting he's left after 4yrs at the club. 

I wonder why? He's played far more for the U23's than any other CM has. I sort of assumed he was one of the ones who had a bit more of a chance of making it. 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you mean by the last bit?

Everyone I hear anything from at Villa Park talks about the plans that the Dr has to improve things - our academy has been going downhill for the last four or five years and the current incarnation is a pretty poor shadow of the teams we've had in the past - I suspect we'll see a big drive on recruitment of young players and a pretty swift turnover of playing personnel. No direct evidence, just a feeling based on the way people are talking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everyone I hear anything from at Villa Park talks about the plans that the Dr has to improve things - our academy has been going downhill for the last four or five years and the current incarnation is a pretty poor shadow of the teams we've had in the past - I suspect we'll see a big drive on recruitment of young players and a pretty swift turnover of playing personnel. No direct evidence, just a feeling based on the way people are talking. 

Thanks, as always I respect your opinion but I disagree with it. I think the academy is in the best shape it's been in for quite a while. For me, Andre Green has been of our better players this season, it's a shame that he has been injured lately. I think that the likes of him, Easah Suliman and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy will all emerge over the next year or so and have a sustained impact on the first team, not to forget Sarkic

No problem SGC, I find this time of year very interesting with the academy releasing and retaining players. 

Players like sellars should be able to forge a career elsewhere even if it means dropping down a division or two.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No problem SGC, I find this time of year very interesting with the academy releasing and retaining players. 

Players like sellars should be able to forge a career elsewhere even if it means dropping down a division or two.

Agreed

Â