Midweek football 20/24 October

andykeenan

Yes, Martin. Why were English clubs banned?

I'm not sure actually.  Something to do with Liverpool?  Maybe there will be something about it on their website? 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

Oh, yes.  A wall collapsed during the 1985 European Cup final and killed a load of Juventus fans.   Funny that they would play in a stadium where walls just collapse all by themselves, no? 

• Like 1

Yes, Martin. Why were English clubs banned?

I'm not sure actually. Something to do with Liverpool? Maybe there will be something about it on their website?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

Oh, yes. A wall collapsed during the 1985 European Cup final and killed a load of Juventus fans. Funny that they would play in a stadium where walls just collapse all by themselves, no?

Jesus. Have never read that.. What a load of bollocks!

Yes. I mean it seems incredibly harsh that all English sides would be banned from Europe for five years, and Liverpool would be banned for six because the Belgians don't know how to build stadiums. One of history's great injustices.  Maybe Liverpool should start a campaign or something? Justice for the 39? 

• Like 1

Been rather disappointed in Real this 2nd half, was hoping for an absolute mauling!

Yeah, but it was too be expected.  They play Barcelona in three days so they played the second half in second gear to conserve energy. 

Neville making Tyler look silly regarding Suarez. Excellent point.

I had the volume down, what was said?

Tyler said to Neville that the reason why Liverpool were struggling was because they hadn't planned on selling Suarez and Neville turned round and said that they didn't have to sell him, then Tyler began looking for excuses.

Martin Tyler must be a Liverpool fan btw.

Â