Midweek football 20/24 October

andykeenan

Januzaj has been dreadful. He always wants an age on the ball and his delivery isnt the best

Was just about to post the same.

Seems like he's believed he's own hype from last season and thinks he's better than he is

United didn't actually look that bad tonight, they battered West Brom in terms of attempts, corners and possesion but individual mistakes from Shaw and Rojo for the first goal and then Jones and Rafael for the second meant that they didn't walk away with three points.

What on earth has happned to Van Persie? Looks a shadow of his former self, wonder if Van Gaal will drop him for the Chelsea game and play Falcao up front?

United didn't actually look that bad tonight, they battered West Brom in terms of attempts, corners and possesion but individual mistakes from Shaw and Rojo for the first goal and then Jones and Rafael for the second meant that they didn't walk away with three points.

What on earth has happned to Van Persie? Looks a shadow of his former self, wonder if Van Gaal will drop him for the Chelsea game and play Falcao up front?

Van Persie looks shot from playing in the world cup I think plus there were rumours he was carrying a knee injury. At 31 he is certainly creaking now.

Can see Mata being taken out for the Chelsea game and maybe Di Maria pushed up to play just off Falaco. If LVG has any sense he'll flood the midfield like Fergie used to do in the CL games. Chelsea are very strong in there of course. Fellani is probably worth a start based on his 2nd half performance.

• Like 1

I wonder if Van Gaal will go with something like this in midfield and attack for the Chelsea game-

Falcao

Di Maria

Herrea   Carrick   Fellaini

Blind

Wouldn't shock me, you need to play 3 in the centre and go narrow v Chelsea to try to engulf them. Not sure it will be Carrick as he'll be short of match fitness, maybe Fletcher.

A bigger boost for them will be Costa being injured as he'll get chances against that back 4 without question.

Wouldn't shock me, you need to play 3 in the centre and go narrow v Chelsea to try to engulf them. Not sure it will be Carrick as he'll be short of match fitness, maybe Fletcher.

A bigger boost for them will be Costa being injured as he'll get chances against that back 4 without question.

I think a half fit Carrick is better than Fletcher, but I agree with your point about Costa. 

Chelsea will annihilate Manchester United.   This United team might have half a dozen players who can score a goal out of nothing but they are so unbalanced and have such a soft underbelly that I can see Chelsea running riot. 

Aye, and if all three goals are offside then the referee will allow them.  Sky Sports viewers will probably vote one of the offside goals to be their goal of the season if it's a volley from outside the area or something...

• Like 4

UnhappyWarmAustraliankelpie.gif

Rafael trying to put Berahino off by screaming.  It's highly unlikely to ever happen inside a stadium because of the crowd noise, but the ref could do Rafael for ungentlemanly conduct for that, couldn't he? 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Januzaj has been dreadful. He always wants an age on the ball and his delivery isnt the best

Was just about to post the same.

Seems like he's believed he's own hype from last season and thinks he's better than he is

think he was too predictable in that he had to keep turning onto his left foot and slowed down the attack. think he needs a loan spell to get some regular gametime

Rafael trying to put Berahino off by screaming.  It's highly unlikely to ever happen inside a stadium because of the crowd noise, but the ref could do Rafael for ungentlemanly conduct for that, couldn't he? 

Yep, it's in the rules I believe.

I've seen stuff like that given at Sunday League level. Whether it'd ever get given in the premier league is another question though.

Would have been good if he'd just finished it then turned to stare at Rafael...

Â