Russel Brands "The Trews"

Demitri_C

No, they do listen to him, and they like what he says, unfortunately.

yep all those traditional Labour voters he's getting by saying that Margaret Thatcher was wonderful and that he wants to privatise the NHS must have listened real hard

People in towns like Burnley don't give a stuff about anything like that.

yep all those traditional Labour voters he's getting by saying that Margaret Thatcher was wonderful and that he wants to privatise the NHS must have listened real hard

Yes but they are more traditional BNP supporters ;)

• Like 1

Unfortunately there is a section of traditional Labour support, that are so pre occupied by not having an immigrant move in next door to them, that most of UKIP's other policies (or lack of) are ignored. If you tell them what they want to hear (we'll stop people coming over and taking your jobs), then they'll happily swallow that and disregard other matters.

Last time I was down home, I heard a conversation about Erdington High Street, and a guy saying he doesn't feeling like he's in Britain anymore, when he goes there. Obvious jokes aside, if you've got someone who feels like that, then when someone comes along and tells them they can fix it, you can see why people would get suckered in.

I know we are supposed to be discussing Russell Brand , but this notion that nobody listens to Nigel Farage is frankly ridiculous 

you may not agree with him , but clearly he has  connected with significant amounts of the public in a way that mainstream politicians have completely failed to

UKIP have started to wheel out other people here and there but to all extents , it is the Farage roadshow ... he'll do well in the TV debates , whether it's in a Nick Clegg way without  actually turning that into votes remains to be seen , but more and more the media are playing into his hands .. the £1.7bn EU bill today beign a prime example

• Like 2

Did anyone see him on Newsnight?

Usual story, someone questions his heavily flawed idea so he starts talking over the top of the other person and rambling on about everything but the point being bought up in a fingers in ears "I can't hear you" fashion.

• Like 4

Usual story, someone questions his heavily flawed idea so he starts talking over the top of the other person and rambling on about everything but the point being bought up in a fingers in ears "I can't hear you" fashion.

No idea as I type what this is all about but you make him sound like a politician.

Did Brand use the words paradigm or hegemony? He usually does in the mistaken belief that it makes what he says worth listening to.

Did Brand use the words paradigm or hegemony? He usually does in the mistaken belief that it makes what he says worth listening to.

How did you know?

Saw his interview on Newsnight and he referred to "we, the ordinary people."

Ordinary people? You're a millionaire who was married to Katy Perry!!

Oh but he had a drug addiction once which means he is an ordinary, down to Earth person who we should listen to. :rolleyes:

Maybe the term ordinary people refers to something other than levels of wealth or fame. maybe the non ordinary people have something other than wealth and possible fame to separate us and them.

Was just about to say this. Surprised it needed to be said.

That it not intended as a defence of Brand, but of anyone who is in a position to make a difference. They are often wealthy and successful, they should not be derided because of it.

to be fair to brand in that video on last page he does raise various good points like how there was no evidence to suggest IS was involved but the news story seems to be pointing to that. he might be a sarcastic pr!ck but he knows what he is talking about

Â