Assassin's Creed: Unity

Rino8

Drops to 19fps on ps4. Worse than the weaker Xbox one. Who is the advertising partner this year again?

If its patched soon to bring it up to a locked 30fps then I may consider getting an already purposefully restricted game but as of now I'm not buying another ubi product again.

Edited by Ingram85

Drops to 19fps on ps4. Worse than the weaker Xbox one. Who is the advertising partner this year again?

If its patched soon to bring it up to a locked 30fps then I may consider getting an already purposefully restricted game but as of now I'm not buying another ubi product again.

It performs badly on the Xbox One as well (and doesn't shine on PC either). One of the development team contacted a few sites a while back and put it very plainly that it wasn't a case that they were favouring the Microsoft platform, it was actually that they were struggling with it full stop. It was apparently barely playable at all only a couple of months back.

Basically, the thing is a mess full stop.

They also appear to have tried to hide some particularly grim 'microtransactions' (hard to use that word given that one is £99, apparently) in the review copies by not drawing attention to them, explaining them or allowing them to work properly before release. Oh and they embargoed reviews until 12 hours after release.

Couple that to the fact it's apparently a very dull rerun of the same old Assassins Creed, with a dull character dull storyline and the same missions...

It's a dog. The series needs to be put down.

bfRI475.png

4PjJf5o.gif

:lol:

I've never really been a fan of the Assassins Creed games, I've said on here plenty of times that they just bore me so I've not really paid any attention to this other than admiring how pretty some of the screenshots look but there has been a weird reaction to the game on Twitter over the last couple of hours which is quite different to how the reviews have been going.  I decided to look at the Assassins Creed thread over on RLLMUK and this particular thing was highlighted. 

IGN moving criticism from their review into an editorial (review was a 7.8 by the way) which should keep the metacritic higher and the publisher happy. Fun.    

Apparently the new morning show on Giant Bomb is worth a listen, they moved the upload time so they could hit the embargo. I might have it on for an hour via that new fangled PS4 USB media player while I have a few games of FIFA.   Link if you are interested

Kind of a shame it's not all it could have been. Hopefully the bugs can be patched and the game will still be worth getting just maybe not at full price. I don't really agree that the series should be stopped it just needs to be given a break. They've never really come close to getting it right since AC 2.

• Like 1

IGN moving criticism from their review into an editorial (review was a 7.8 by the way) which should keep the metacritic higher and the publisher happy. Fun.    

Apparently the new morning show on Giant Bomb is worth a listen, they moved the upload time so they could hit the embargo. I might have it on for an hour via that new fangled PS4 USB media player while I have a few games of FIFA. Link if you are interested

The editorial is not from the same person who reviewed the game for IGN. However, I know what you're saying.

Yes, it's remarkably convenient isn't it?   I'm sure the game will still sell millions of copies but word of mouth has been horrible.  This Amazon review has gone viral and it is pretty funny, so I guess people disappointed by the game can at least smile knowingly when they read it. 

Yes, it's remarkably convenient isn't it?   I'm sure the game will still sell millions of copies but word of mouth has been horrible.  This Amazon review has gone viral and it is pretty funny, so I guess people disappointed by the game can at least smile knowingly when they read it. 

That's maybe the greatest review I've ever read.

I'm still probably going to get Unity in the next few days, it looks gorgeous and I'll be getting it for the Xbone master race which is apparently smoother.

Kind of a shame it's not all it could have been. Hopefully the bugs can be patched and the game will still be worth getting just maybe not at full price. I don't really agree that the series should be stopped it just needs to be given a break. They've never really come close to getting it right since AC 2.

Massively agree, Al-Tair game was fresh and new, the Ezio games had an interesting character and were still fresh and interesting, even if still glitchy and full of extra missions and mini games that were crap.

I've said before that what I loved about those games was the puzzle element of the Templar layers, they wernt hard but fun. The game seemed to have been built on climbing, movement and fighting style and story after and that's what I enjoyed about them. But as the games have gone on they have become crappy un interesting unfinished games. Imagine what another year to two of development could have done for Black Flag.

They've ruined what could have been some great games and a great series by cashing in IMO and I will not be getting this one unfortunately.

Even today, many Parisians only exist after you've already walked past them

:crylaugh:

Sounds like another example of the growing trend of developers releasing games that are simply not finished.

It's fine though. Because patches.

The pop in in this game is something else. Sometimes a good portion of a crowd will appear infront of you, sometimes their hats. Sometimes just added textures, but it's always something.

The pop in in this game is something else. Sometimes a good portion of a crowd will appear infront of you, sometimes their hats. Sometimes just added textures, but it's always something.

Is it as bad as everyone is saying?

Edited by villarule123

Is it as bad as everyone is saying?

Sometimes.

The internet is exaggerating, but in the 2-3 hours I've played I've fallen through the map once and had a few weird NPC spawns. Surprisingly the frame rate has been generally alright. I've only noticed judder twice, Synchronizing on top of Notre Dame wasn't perfect and a cutscene has been a bit choppy when there is a lot happening.

It's entirely playable, and I'm liking it so far but I would wait a few weeks for the problems to be fixed.

The way they've approached the story/french revolution side of this game is weird. I suppose they wanted a different take on it and they have that whole insistence on Templars being the root of all evil but it doesn't really work.

It is one of the better AC games though, and it's the best looking game on these consoles right now. It's almost worth buying for that alone.

I'm enjoying it so far, though it's not a patch on AC4 but it probably was never going to be, for me at least. Swapping pirates for French aristocracy was never going to be a good move in my book.

It's a bit dull so far though, but I'm putting it down to the setting at the moment as I haven't really gotten too far into the game. I think I just miss the tropical islands and the travelling by pirate ship. I think I'm really going to miss the naval battles in particular.

Still, the only real bug that has noticeably affected my game has been some framerate slowdown, and that's only happened once so far.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems a lot harder than previous AC games. I've died quite a bit in my short time on the game. Enemies seem a lot tougher and smarter.

Â