Assassin's Creed: Unity

Rino8

It's that time of the year again.

I am actually quite interested in this one though, the setting is somewhere the game should have gone a few years ago and the bits I've seen of it give me hope they're addressing some of the things that have plagued every game since Brotherhood.

Screenshots look amazing

heres-notre-dame-in-the-game-it-took-the

Edited by Rino8

They're gimping the PS4 version for parity with Xbox so don't think I'll be getting this until a price drop.

Same here. I'll probably get it from cex in 6 months time. Ubi really are cretins sometimes.

They're gimping the PS4 version for parity with Xbox so don't think I'll be getting this until a price drop.

Same here. I'll probably get it from cex in 6 months time. Ubi really are cretins sometimes.

Yeah it's an odd one. If the PS4 can run it at 1080p then just let it.

I couldn't really care about an extra 180 pixels either way though and the fact resolutions of games comes up with every release at this point is tedious. Just make a good game.

Won't they just patch it for PS4 as they did with Black Flag?

because Ubi and Microsoft have a joint advertising/marketing agreement over Xmas, so they are hardly going to be pushing the higher res version onto a competitors console are they? 

• Like 1

Advertising by Microsoft and Ubisoft is not going to make an impression on a PS4 owner, of which there are significantly more, so why not attempt to optimise their sales? They eventually patched Black Flag for the PS4, I don't see why they cannot do the same.

Take the shilling from Microsoft and sell more units in the larger PS4 market.

Advertising by Microsoft and Ubisoft is not going to make an impression on a PS4 owner, of which there are significantly more, so why not attempt to optimise their sales? 

Because they have a legally binding contract with Microsoft? 

Ubi are desperate to say that the resolution thing has nothing to do with the co marketing deal they have with Microsoft but this is the first Assassins Creed game in years (since 2?) which has not had Sony marketing money behind it.  Dunno why that is, but presumably Sony spent their marketing budget on Destiny. 

Maybe Sony think it's run its course? I know I'm bored with the Assassins Creed series, along with another list of endless sequels.

Would a marketing agreement really include covenants to limit the product on another platform? I guess Ubisoft have to weigh up whether they think limiting the PS4 version will have an impact on sales on that platform and the proof will be in the pudding a few months down the line as to whether all the Tweeting and complaining actually turns into anything. I doubt it myself, but we'll see.

Ultiamtely Ubisoft want to sell as much as possible and the PS4 is there biggest market. If they can lure some more punters in further down the line with the promise of something shiny, then they'll do it. Whoever advertises the game will see sales for both platforms in any event.

Advertising by Microsoft and Ubisoft is not going to make an impression on a PS4 owner, of which there are significantly more, so why not attempt to optimise their sales? 

Because they have a legally binding contract with Microsoft? 

Ubi are desperate to say that the resolution thing has nothing to do with the co marketing deal they have with Microsoft but this is the first Assassins Creed game in years (since 2?) which has not had Sony marketing money behind it.  Dunno why that is, but presumably Sony spent their marketing budget on Destiny. 

Sony are doing Far Cry 4's marketing this year I believe

I really enjoyed Black Flag for the most part, especially the pirate ship sailing bits.  That was fantastic.  The spying missions mostly suck ass though, as did the diving bell shark bits.

I really enjoyed Black Flag for the most part, especially the pirate ship sailing bits.  That was fantastic.  The spying missions mostly suck ass though, as did the diving bell shark bits.

Yeah Black Flag went some way to bringing the series back I thought. Revelations and AC3 weren't the best but everything I'm hearing about this game so far looks good. It's the only November release I'm really interested in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is apparently a buggy broken poorly optimised (ppb all formats) mess.

I wish they'd put Assassins Creed out of its misery. It could have a brilliant series in someone else's hands. Instead it's got 1, possibly 2, really good games, and a load of bland rushed out cash in annualised dross.

Edited by Chindie

Is apparently a buggy broken poorly optimised (ppb all formats) mess.

I wish they'd put Assassins Creed out of its misery. It could have a brilliant series in someone else's hands. Instead it's got 1, possibly 2, really good games, and a load of bland rushed out cash in annualised dross.

I really like AC, but I wish they'd put it out every other year instead of every year. It's too much, and they could change it up more substantially with more time. AC3 (US Revolution) was my personal favourite.

I rent my games rather than buying so this will get a spin at some stage I'm sure. 

Â