PieFacE

This game is very much a cash grab a title that took the bare minimum of effort to release seizing on the popularity of Far Cry 3. That doesn't make this a bad game, but it does make it a wholly familiar one to anyone that played the third entry in the series. I find myself going through times where I am legitimately enjoying myself, to times where I am just frustrated and bored at the lack of variety and differences. This game is probably going to blow away anyone that didn't play Far Cry 3, but to those that did it may just get too repetitive to see the story through. There is one plus point that this game got right, the choices in this are implemented here far better than in Far Cry 3 which may alleviate the pointless choice ending syndrome that marred the finale to the last game.  

Pretty much this.

It's a good game, like the last one was. But it's more of the same and it doesn't even address problems FC3 had, it just expands on everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the crap out of this game in the last week or so, must have put in a good 10 hours, which for me is a lot.

The basics are all so good, its hard not to like it even though its just a rehash of the 3rd one.

They will have to do something different with the next one but i hear just cause 3 is coming out and that game should be brilliant if just case 2 is anything to go by.

Random question which someone may know the answer to. Is Game hoarding used copies of Far Cry 4 at the moment? I was going to trade my copy of Dragon Age in for it today and I went into three different branches in three different towns (Nuneaton, Coventry & Birmingham) and they had no used copies on shelves. All three had £59.99 copies of the 'limited edition' on display. Seems to me that they have a ton of stock they can't shift or they are somehow trying to manipulate used prices. There can't be a drought on used copies, surely?

Wasn't far cry 4 one of the games they put a silly price on pre Christmas? Think they were doing it for £30, one of the reasons they're in the shit again

And it wasn't something we ever did when I worked there, the stock take should prohibit it too and we were a lot more flexible back then and wouldn't get away with it so I doubt they can now

Personally I find Game to be way behind on the new gen games, preowned are usually more expensive than tesco, pretty much every new release is £60 compared to £50 everywhere else

Is anyone else finding on the PS4 version that the touchpad seems incredibly sensitive? My thumb only has to hover over it to bring up the weapon wheel which is incredibly annoying when you're faced with a load of enemies

Yep, that's frequently happened to me. It feels as though you only need to be close to it to for it to activate.

Edited by Designer1

Agreed, although it was more of a problem at the start when I didn't know what was going on.

I am liking it, but then I did enjoy Far Cry 3 and its mechanics are the same. Its a very pretty game though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this and the one thing I can't help but keep thinking.... Ubisoft are very bloomin' lazy. They've been creating the same games for years now, same interfaces, same challenges, just different game worlds. Still enjoying it though, still near the start, just done a mission which involved visiting a camp which had been overrun with those pesky Hunters, took about 10 attempts to get through it.

Finished with this game now.

'Drug' levels - **** off.

'Take away all your weapons' levels - **** off.

Shame because as with FC3 there was lots of fun to be had from taking over bases etc but some of the story missions are just painful.

I quite like the arena with the female guards flashing their beeeeewbs for no real reason. Slogged through about two and a half hours of that to level up to 10 to get me the Bushman.

I do like the game, but it really is just a prettier Far Cry 3 in the Mountains.

• Like 1

Finished with this game now.

'Drug' levels - **** off.

'Take away all your weapons' levels - **** off.

Shame because as with FC3 there was lots of fun to be had from taking over bases etc but some of the story missions are just painful.

Agree the drugs levels really annoyed me(even though I enjoyed them in fc3), and the no weapon levels just get frustrating(see spoiler)

Caution ending spoilers and lateish story spoilers below.

Firstly, the drug/no weapon escape from prison mission, I was so pissed off literally had no idea where I was going and what I was doing for half of it then when I got down the mountain just kept getting shot without a weapon so just legged it to the bottom and hit some checkpoints.

But my biggest grievance with this game was the "choices", what was the **** point, the ending was exactly the same whatever you did. And as soon as Min was dead that was it, there was literally no point in the golden path, Amita or sabal, I could have just went on a solitary rampage and the story would have played/ended the same.

All this after I was absolutely loving running all through the map crossbow only liberating outposts and hunting etc, its a shame.

Â