PieFacE

Not really.   If you are being cynical then you could just say it's a pretty reskin of 3.   That is something Ubisoft have been doing too much of lately and it's going to bite them on the arse in the medium to long term. 

Not really.   If you are being cynical then you could just say it's a pretty reskin of 3.   That is something Ubisoft have been doing too much of lately and it's going to bite them on the arse in the medium to long term. 

Thats my biggest concern, Far Cry 4 was a must buy for me but with recently getting Halo MCC and SUnset Overdrive, im not sure i can justify 45 quid on a nicer looking far cry 3 with a worse story.

As I understand it's very very similar.  You are still going to climb towers to unlock areas of the map, you kill exotic wildlife to get currency to upgrade your gear, Pagan Min is basically Vaas. Not saying that it's necessarily a bad thing, I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy the game but it just strikes me as something I shouldn't be chomping at the bit to play. I might pick it up after Xmas if it is going cheap.  I'm sure there will be a ton of traded in copies available by the middle of January so it can stay on the back burner until then.  

The similarity with Assassins Creed is in the framework of game ('climb tower unlock section of map, go here get mission, farm animals for upgrades'), otherwise they're fairly different.

Far Cry 3 was pretty good overall, although perhaps outstays it's welcome, so if you fancy an open world shooter to mess about with its hard to go wrong.

• Like 1

Only played for an hour so far. Far Cry 3 was the first game of the series that I played. This feels very similar but I had so much fun with 3 and this one looks beautiful, so really think im going to enjoy it. 

Yep, I've only played this for an hour or two but it looks absolutely gorgeous. At times, I've just stopped and looked at the scenery and buildings.

Haven't played any previous Far Cry games so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Picked this up over the weekend.

Its really good to be fair but very much a rehash of 3. Looks beautiful to be honest, apart from Forza its the first proper next gen game I've played.

I will definitely be completing this.

This game is very much a cash grab a title that took the bare minimum of effort to release seizing on the popularity of Far Cry 3. That doesn't make this a bad game, but it does make it a wholly familiar one to anyone that played the third entry in the series. I find myself going through times where I am legitimately enjoying myself, to times where I am just frustrated and bored at the lack of variety and differences. This game is probably going to blow away anyone that didn't play Far Cry 3, but to those that did it may just get too repetitive to see the story through. There is one plus point that this game got right, the choices in this are implemented here far better than in Far Cry 3 which may alleviate the pointless choice ending syndrome that marred the finale to the last game.  

Â