Some "wee country" who aren't Brazil....

VillaChris

arriving in France around June 2016.

_51850074_team766.jpg

Greece are in ruins and Finland aren't capable of getting 20 points.

Norn Iron need 11 points to qualify, still have to play Finland twice and Faroes.

Magnificent achievement considering half their squad are championship/league one. Thought their big chance of the last decade was when Healy couldn't stop scoring.

Great stuff if we can get all the british teams in euro 2016. Wales have a great chance and Scotland have a fighting chance.

I'd love it if 1) England qualify and 2) a couple of the other home nations also qualify.

It would also be great if the supporters of the home nations whilst in France kind of mixed together as a kind of UK/GB supporters group... but what will probably happen is they'll all be all over the news for fighting with each other for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

great for them if they can, they've got the platform and no real teams to fear so why not?

Scotland have it tough though with both Ireland and Poland just as capable of finishing second - I still expect Germany to recover and win the group comfortably.

Although there are some 3rd places who go to a play-off aren't there?

Greece were somehow pot 1 seeds so even more dubious than the Swiss,,,someone at Uefa probably fell asleep watching them and left their name in pot 1.

Romania in fairness usually float around 2nd in groups so I have no issue with them being that ranking.

Norn Iron did strike gold with Hungary and Finland being 3rd and 4th seeds respectively, I'd imagine those two were the weakest of the options.

Greece were somehow pot 1 seeds so even more dubious than the Swiss,,,someone at Uefa probably fell asleep watching them and left their name in pot 1.

Romania in fairness usually float around 2nd in groups so I have no issue with them being that ranking.

Norn Iron did strike gold with Hungary and Finland being 3rd and 4th seeds respectively, I'd imagine those two were the weakest of the options.

Greece the Euro 2004 winners who made the quarters of Euro 2012 and were penalties away from the same in 2014 and qualified for 2 previous events. Dont know how they got Pot1 seedings

Looking through the Norn Iron squad, it's hardly awful is it? A lot of Premier League experience there, even if they're getting on a bit.

A lot of those guys are in their mid 30s though, like McCauley. I thought Aaron Hughes was still somewhere in the premier league but turns out he's a reserve at Brighton these days.

Their starting 11 the other night was:

Roy Carroll (Notts County)

Ryan McCaughlin (Liverpool but don't think he's ever played for them in the league)

Gareth McCauley (reserve at WBA)

Aaron Hughes (reserve at Brighton)

Shane Ferguson (SHA reject who dosen't make the bench for Newcastle)

Steven Davis (regular at Southampton)

Oliver Norwood (Reading)

Chris Baird (reserve at West Brom)

Corry Evans (regular at Blackburn, will probably be playing in the prem before too long)

Jamie Ward (good player, ex youth player here. Will be playing in the prem for Derby next season I reckon).

Lafferty (an enigma but on fire this season, sub at Norwich currently).

They were missing Johnny Evans and Chris Brunt but apart from that is their regular team so hardly brimming with PL regulars and certainly the weakest of the home nations. Michael O'Neill is performing miracles.

Greece the Euro 2004 winners who made the quarters of Euro 2012 and were penalties away from the same in 2014 and qualified for 2 previous events. Dont know how they got Pot1 seedings

Even so, if you're going to pull anyone from that pot you want it to be Greece. I don't know who else was in pot 2, but it does seem they got the worst of every other pot.

They should make it with the start they've had. If they don't surely they will be disappointed now.

Â