Estonia v England Euro 2016 Qualifier

andykeenan

just seen someone claim that delph isnt good enough for england because his passing isnt good enough and he gives it away too much

97% in the 1st game wasnt it? not sure what it was last night, did see a stat that he completed 28/31 passes in their half

depends what you consider delph's role to be, personally i think its to provide energy and hassle opponents off the ball and then keep the ball and feed it in to others who are supposed to be creative, blaming delph for the fact that we struggled to break them down is daft IMO thats not what he's there to do

Tyldesley saying Delph should sit deeper to allow Wilshire to get forward annoyed me more than it should.

Wilshere is the best player ever! I'd actually drop every other player and have Wilshere against the world.

And in real life I think he is a cocky over-rated piece of crap

Edited by dodgyknees

It's somewhere in between.

Wilshere is a very good player. He's still only 22.

But he is ridiculously hyped.

I don't know any set of fans that rate him, I lurk on a lot of football forums just guaging opinions now and again. Everyone seems to have a real dislike of him.

agree with stevo, he's ok, he's got glass ankles' he's an absolute cock who somehow thinks he's a hard man and most importantly he's part of a long list of english players who arent as good as the potential they showed early on in their career or especially as good as the pundits and rags like to tell us he is, think he's been MOTM in the last 3 england matches ive seen and yet done nothing special in any of them, rodders isnt wrong, a lot of fans dont see the fuss, yet listen to hoddle and wright pre game or townsend during the game or read any of the papers, its like they watch a different player to everyone else

the thing i dont get with wilshere is the idea that henderson / delph / milner etc should all be in the middle deep so that he can go on marauding runs, dont get me wrong i know he can do them, but i dont think thats his game, he's not an out and out holding midfielder either but jsut because thats where he is on the team sheet doesnt mean thats where he plays, i think he's a bit more box to box and that midfield 3 enables him to do it

Edited by villa4europe

It's the overhype train I hate. I like to put a station in called 'Shitville' - and hope it stops there.

Wilshere is a quality player, I don't understand the hate.

Is it because he doesn't bang in a shot from 30 yards every 20 attempts?

I think people don't like him as a person and let that affect their judgement of him as a player.

I don't know any set of fans that rate him, I lurk on a lot of football forums just guaging opinions now and again. Everyone seems to have a real dislike of him.

That's how I feel as well. He's probably underrated because people call him shit for being overrated. Right now he's neither shit nor brilliant, somewhere in between as Stevo says. I do think people forget just how young he is still too.

• Like 1

had that discussion with a few utd mates, he's much better than cleverley IMO

IMO pep summed it up the best when he was asked if wilshere was good enough to play for barcelona and he said something along the lines of we've got 10 of him in the B team

The ball that Wilshere played for Rooney in injury time, Cleverley has probably never played a ball like that in his entire career. Cleverley is a solid player but Wilshere has loads more natural ability.

I was indicating performances at the clubs and not really their talent. Ive never really seen Wilshere grab a game by the scruff of the neck or dominate a game and he really shouldnt be starting every game for Arsenal. Along with Arteta he is their weak link in centre midfield

Â