Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

yeah Lambert probably trying to keep the kid grounded and not take his spot for granted. He sees him in training.. i am sure he consulted with Roy and decided its best to leave him out here nad there.

I don't understand it. Wasn't good enough to make the bench but was subbed on when at 0-0 with Man City and when we are trying to defend the game out?

He should be playing in games like this where the expectation is low and if we are 1-0/2-1 down with 20 minutes we can bring him on.

Everton haven't got the fire power Man City have got, so I can't see this being 90mins of frantic defending (not to do our lads down, we did have some decent chances, and looked comfortable for some periods), but they will give us some problems I think. I would love a win here, it would really help us get over the 'big' teams we struggled against. Realistically, I do think we could grab a win, but I doubt a clean sheet so might have to score 2. 1-2 villa win I reckon. Come on VILLA!

Edited by alreadyexists

We've literally had no update on Okore in terms of his injury.

He recovered and played a few reserve games and then nothing.

Something's not right. Im gradually beginning to think he isn't going to fulfil his potential with us.

He's not injured.  He's in full training and he was in the Denmark squad during the break.