Closed doors Villa v Leicester friendly

Chap of Steel

I have just seen a few news articles about a closed doors friendly against Leicester that took place at Bodymoor Heath earlier today. We lost 3-2. Apparently Leicester fielded a strong side but I can't find anything about our squad. Anyone seen anything else about it?

That's a fairly reasonable Leicester team, although you'd only expect Cambiasso to be in the first XI after the international break.

In other words it's 10 reserve/squad players, plus cambiasso. I'd make that a pretty weak Leicester team myself :).

We always lose to Leicester anyway, unless it's the league cup and chris sutton is up top.

That's a fairly reasonable Leicester team, although you'd only expect Cambiasso to be in the first XI after the international break.

In other words it's 10 reserve/squad players, plus cambiasso. I'd make that a pretty weak Leicester team myself :).

**** me...

What he means is it's not just the "kids". It's the players on the fringes of the first team, bit like us fielding Bacuna/Sanchez/Okore etc. Was that not obvious?

Yes, thank you, that was exactly what I meant. Guess I wasn't clear enough. 

It was perfectly clear, seeing as you specifically clarified that you wouldn't expect any of them to be in the first XI apart from Cambiasso.

**** me...

What he means is it's not just the "kids". It's the players on the fringes of the first team, bit like us fielding Bacuna/Sanchez/Okore etc. Was that not obvious?

Yes it was obvious. Not sure why that means I can't disagree with him, which is all my post does.

Yes, thank you, that was exactly what I meant. Guess I wasn't clear enough.

You were perfectly clear Hanoivillan.

I just wouldn't see that as a fairly reasonable side. Not because of the way you described it, but coz my dad and brother in law are Leicester fans so I'm influenced by them a bit. Apologies if I wasn't clear and if my post was viewed as a negative reaction to yours (which given other posters comments, it clearly was).

Â