Weekends football 3/5 October

andykeenan

He would have been one of the all time greats.   The thing is that the mental side of the game is every bit as important as the physical and having that will to dedicate yourself to living the athletes lifestyle is something which does separate the Ronaldos from the Rooneys of this world.  It's odd to see how much their careers have diverged in the past five or six years considering how much they had in common in the early days, they are of similar age, they both joined Manchester United as extremely expensive teenage signings and for a while there you could argue Rooney was the better player.  I do think the biggest factor in differentiating how they will be remembered is Ronaldo's mental strength. 

I definitely agree, Ronaldo has literally created himself into this monster of an athlete. I remember his debut for United and he clearly had skill with a ball, but never in a million years did I think he'd go on to transform himself into what he is now. Incredibly impressive and it is why I think he is the best in the world right now.

Whilst Messi is stil an absolute genius, I feel that Ronaldo has more facets to his game and is the better player at the mo. He's quicker, stronger, is more 2 footed, is arguably better at long range shooting and he's also one of the best in the world aerially as well, that head against Deportivo would only have been scored by a handful of players in the world. He's rarely injured and never seems to be struggling for form either. He's almost like a prototype for the perfect attacking player!

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 3

you could also argue that he's more petulant, dives more, is greedier, is less of a team player and is an absolute bell end...

but yeah i agree at the moment, and probably for over a year now, ronaldo is the better player

i think in 50 years time when im thinking back and discussing who was better the 1st thing i'll always say is ronaldo was a bell end, i cant remember messi ever refusing to celebrate winning a penalty shoot out because he missed his penalty

amazing footballer, very hard to like bloke

Edited by villa4europe

Â