limpid

Anyone moaning, please just do one. This has been a heroic effort from the lads. This is what happens when one team costs £300m more.

Still can't be THE excuse each week.

It's a fact - not an excuse. 

It is an excuse.

Excuse/fact/reason whatever - it's true though. Look at the quality there - they are light years ahead of us. 

I am sick and tired of watching us play like the away team when we are at home and this clearing in the woods of a manager gets a 4 year contract. We have only won 1 game at home this season and this shambles cannot continue.

If you think we should be beating Man City, a team that is one of the best in the world, with players that cost tens of what ours cost - then I think you've been smoking crack.

We have been shit at home for over 2 seasons to whoever we play. Stop making pathetic excuses for a pathetic manager.

Anyone moaning, please just do one. This has been a heroic effort from the lads. This is what happens when one team costs £300m more.

Still can't be THE excuse each week.

It's a fact - not an excuse. 

It is an excuse.

Excuse/fact/reason whatever - it's true though. Look at the quality there - they are light years ahead of us. 

I think you are watching a different game because I would not call this citeh performance "light years ahead of us"

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Why did we make those subs? Were Richardson & N'zogbia really tired or something? To me it seems like Lambert too often makes subs just for the sake of doing it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially with a lot less defending benteke having come in for weimann, was this really situation where grealish needed come in for Richardson?

We were better when Benteke weren't on the pitch, as soon as he came on man city made a defensive change which has completely took this game away from us.

Still, can't complain, we played well really considering all the circumstances.

I am sick and tired of watching us play like the away team when we are at home and this clearing in the woods of a manager gets a 4 year contract. We have only won 1 game at home this season and this shambles cannot continue.

If you think we should be beating Man City, a team that is one of the best in the world, with players that cost tens of what ours cost - then I think you've been smoking crack.

We have been shit at home for over 2 seasons to whoever we play. Stop making pathetic excuses for a pathetic manager.

We haven't been shit today by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 3

if N'zogbia passes to Weimann and Richardson makes more of his chance we score 2. 

As anyone worth their salt says against the best team you have to take your chances, we had 2 and didn't. 

Like we did at Arsenal first game last season.

It's not like against a lower side when you get more opportunities to get a goal. 

This is FIFA on world class not Amateur. It's not going to be a bukkake fest of shots on target is it...

• Like 2

Look, I'm not going to flip the table because we lost after a decent defensive performance to one of the best teams in the world. Recent matches have left me optimistic that we'll be able to pick up points where we need them, which is from the teams around and about us. If we get further into the season and we're conceding four against Crystal Palace or Leicester then I'll be back to calling for Lambert's head, but I'm not writing anyone off for today's match.

That said, I wouldn't have given him a four year contract yet either.