Pre match thread

chappy

Big loss I think, they'll react to last night by ripping us a new one.

Then we'll have a great season anyway. 

Man City aren't much of a team to react to a loss...poor team spirit and lazy attitude amongst a lot of their players.

Is it wrong to back Lampard to score anytime, at 19/10? Seems like free money.

If its a good bet go for it. Doesn't sound like particularly good odds though as he may only get on the pitch for 15/20 minutes.

City won only two of last seven games.

A good indicator as to the extent to which we have progressed. Whilst, again, a defeat would be nothing to rant about, it is reasonable also to say that a competitive performance should be a minimum, and a draw not an unreasonable aspiration.

Whilst no one can complain about where we are so far, there will come a time when we need to add to the good start, not just admire it and hark back to it.

I won't mind losing if we perform, and I won't mind not performing if we get a point.

Won't be too chuffed if its neither, they are not - unlike Chelsea - in their best form yet.

• Like 2

Is it wrong to back Lampard to score anytime, at 19/10? Seems like free money.

If its a good bet go for it. Doesn't sound like particularly good odds though as he may only get on the pitch for 15/20 minutes.

Not amazing odds I agree, but with City being big favourites, and Lampard's record against us, I just fancy he'll bag one in. Having him as last scorer might be better value.

Edited by dAVe80

I'd go:

-------------BENTEKE--------------

BENTEKE BENTEKE BENTEKE BENTEKE

--BENTEKE--BENTEKE--BENTEKE--

BENTEKE---------------BENTEKE

-------------BENTEKE----------

You've got Benteke on the wrong side of defence there...

Hoisted with my own petard. Bravo, Sir.

• Like 2

Missing my first home game in any competition in 10 years, something like 250 games in a row.

Be like the Arsenal game, we won't create anything so it's up to Man City how many they want to stick in the back of the net.

Part timer! :D

• Like 1

Missing my first home game in any competition in 10 years, something like 250 games in a row.

Be like the Arsenal game, we won't create anything so it's up to Man City how many they want to stick in the back of the net.

You'd better have a damn good reason!!!