Pre match thread

chappy

Even though we can't expect to get anything out of this game i will be disappointed if its another comfortable loss.

Can we really accept 3 comfortable losses on the bounce, even if they are the "top teams" ?

It will be easier to swallow if we come out the other side with some results but that may not happen and we could still be on 10-11 points after 10 games, which is actually a pretty terrible start compared to 10 after 4.

I'd go:

-------------BENTEKE--------------

BENTEKE BENTEKE BENTEKE BENTEKE

--BENTEKE--BENTEKE--BENTEKE--

BENTEKE---------------BENTEKE

-------------BENTEKE----------

Edited by dAVe80

I'd go:

What about Belly Dave?  :)

I'd go:

No Guzan??

I'd go:

What about Belly Dave?  :)

Sir Ian can sit on the bench, and come on when we're 5-0 up. 

• Like 1

I'd go:

No Guzan??

He can sit on the bench with Bell.

Even though we can't expect to get anything out of this game i will be disappointed if its another comfortable loss.

Can we really accept 3 comfortable losses on the bounce, even if they are the "top teams" ?

It will be easier to swallow if we come out the other side with some results but that may not happen and we could still be on 10-11 points after 10 games, which is actually a pretty terrible start compared to 10 after 4.

We have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. Thats three of the top teams in the first six games. Considering that i wouldnt count our start as terrible, especially as we won two and drew one out of the three other games.

If i was offered that at the begining of the season i would have taken it and run.

Would be nice to get at least a point but with our lack of shots on target this season (supposedly fewer than any other team in the division) then all I can see is yet another 'backs to the wall' pitiful home performance.

With Vlaar out I'd give Okore a go. He desperately needs gametime, and playing for the U21s isn't the same as getting PL games in terms of getting up to speed. IMO, it's better to give him a go in a game that we're not exactly expected to win than play him in one of the more winnable games and have more pressure. We could do with a little extra pace at CB too. While Baker has been okay filling in for Ron, I think Okore's speed would help in trying to deal with Aguero. 

So..

Guzan

Hutton  Okore   Senderos  Cissokho

Cleverley Westwood Delph

N'zogbia

Weimann  Agbonlahor

Then the Beast on for N'zogbia a bit later on to inevitably score a hat-trick and earn us a................3-6 defeat  :P

UTV

• Like 1