PES 15

villaajax

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting really into My Club. Have had rotten luck with all my spins though - my best player is Saviola on 78, whereas all the teams I play seem to have Bale, Cron, Ibra, etc... How?!

Recommend trying out this mode if you haven't yet - the ball spinning method of signing a new player is great (if usually heart-breaking)

Getting really into My Club. Have had rotten luck with all my spins though - my best player is Saviola on 78, whereas all the teams I play seem to have Bale, Cron, Ibra, etc... How?!

Recommend trying out this mode if you haven't yet - the ball spinning method of signing a new player is great (if usually heart-breaking)

Getting into it myself too!

What I love about the My Club game mode and also what I love about the game engine, is that you can still play football even with the poorly rated players. However, you can't play like Real Madrid with a bunch of players that are rated around 60 overall. 

I've got a lad in midfield, a holding midfielder to be precise, called Azeez. He's pretty strong, pretty quick, but technically not the best - overall rated about 63 I think. I completely boxed my opponent's Gotze out of the game yesterday because I had learnt how to use Azeez to his best attributes. I knew when I needed to stay back, I knew what I could get forward, I knew if I'd make it in a 50/50, when to slide in and when not to.

Every player seems different somewhat, and when you learn how to use those individuals to their best ability, you get some great team performances and it's also really satisfying. Fantastic game, so much better than FIFA.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like parts of the game. But I'm missing the FIFA touches. The commentary is much better on FIFA. Yes it's terrible on FIFA, but it's unbearable on PES. And the rest. The team names and shirts and sponsors etc. Yes the gameplay is probably better. It is. It's better.

But something odd happened the other day. I'm Villa playing on Top Player. We're around 8th or 9th in the table, with some good and some bad results. The odd thing happened against Man Utd. From tip off they were just one touch passing me to oblivion. Everytime they got the ball they scored pretty much and were 8-1 up at half time. It was very strange. The game finished 9-1. My biggest defeat prior to that was 3-1. Is this something happens occasionally? 

Â