• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Couldn't expect much better. Thought we looked much better on the ball than last season. Chelsea will stroll the league this year. 

As above, let's get Man City out of the way, try to get a cheeky win or draw against Everton and solidify a top half place.

Didn't watch the match so these are just my reactions to the scoreline and the little commentary I've read.

Disappointed not to get something, but I guess that's a sign of how much better we've been this season. After I saw we conceded so early I thought we were in for a thrashing, but I'm glad we managed to hold out, 3-0 is a fair scoreline against a team like Chelsea. Considering we were without Vlaar or Benteke, I'm still optimistic for the rest of this season.

Let's get past Man City and Everton without having our confidence dented any further, perhaps picking up a point or two, so we're in good shape to face QPR.

I'm not surprised by the result but I still hope we don't play the same tactics vs Man City, I can't stomach three heavy losses in a row.

That's the one thing that worries me- the potential dent in team confidence.

Chelsea will steamroll alot of teams this year. I felt 3-0 flattered them slighly, but they fully deserved the win.

On to the next. Hopefully get Vlaar and Benteke back to full fitness by Everton , where our season really kick starts.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

It will be nice to offer some sort of threat up front, whenever Benteke and Kozak are fit. Great to say we look more solid defensively, but we need to at least make teams scared of our on-the-break tactics.......which at present they are not.

We were completely outplayed but I'm sure Chelsea will do the same to the majority of teams in the league this season. We'll do them at VP cos josé can't win there. Could get a point against City if we are tight at the back then I fancy us against Everton. We need to beat QPR though to consolidate a good start.

Sadly a desperately predictable result. I just did something else this afternoon and checked my phone for the result at 5.00pm, like we were going to get anything out of that game?

The bit that makes me laugh is Chelsea over the last decade have spent money like its going out of fashion leaving them with an outstanding squad and then the clowns at UEFA close the financial fair play door neatly preserving the status of the likes of them who along with Man City represent absolutely everything that is wrong about the 'top' clubs.

I can't stand Mourinho, he just takes himself so seriously. With the exception of Porto every club he has managed has been huge and he has had a shed load of money to spend. Does that make him great manager? Well history will judge him, all we know for certain is that it will end in tears at Chelsea. As for Abranovich if I was worth billions and billions of pounds and was happy to piss it away on a football club I could make Villa the equivalent of Chelsea. Oh no but I forgot...the FFP rules won't let me do that now.

Rant over. Chelsea will walk the league this season but the w@nk fest over them really irritates me.

Mind you my wife who is a Chelsea fan and 'purring' as she watches MotD as I type is not helping matters.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

I'll start by saying I've had a little drink tonight.

This **** attitude of , but it's Chelsea, or it's man city, or it's man UTD, so I can accept the defeat, is really pissing me off.

Ok, we got beat, but for **** sake, let's not start to accept that it as the norm, and we should just accept it.

Let's get upset, let's be pissed off!

If we accept mediocrity,no shots on goal, a **** total lack of attacking intension, then we may as well just pack in and go home.

Leicester didn't give up last week, hull had a go today.

Stop **** accepting mediocrity and show some **** passion, please.!!!

Agree. Before the match people were saying they'd be happy with a 2-0 defeat! WTF  :wacko:  These people probably have Chelsea as their "2nd team" or some shiit.

whilst they are a far better side than us ....there was a certain inevitability I detected in the players play......an almost "well what did you expect"

I didn't quite see the same determination/doggedness I seen at Liverpool.

I'm not criticising our lads unfairly, because Benteke and Vlaar out is probably a bridge too far against teams like this, but it did seem like nothing is expected of us so, we have nothing to lose....that little bit of edge came off for me.

Despite them being much better than us....the defensive errors from us looked avoidable.....if we had of played anything like at Liverpool, it would not have been 3-0.

Edited by TRO

Sadly a desperately predictable result. I just did something else this afternoon and checked my phone for the result at 5.00pm, like we were going to get anything out of that game?

The bit that makes me laugh is Chelsea over the last decade have spent money like its going out of fashion leaving them with an outstanding squad and then the clowns at UEFA close the financial fair play door neatly preserving the status of the likes of them who along with Man City represent absolutely everything that is wrong about the 'top' clubs.

I can't stand Mourinho, he just takes himself so seriously. With the exception of Porto every club he has managed has been huge and he has had a shed load of money to spend. Does that make him great manager? Well history will judge him, all we know for certain is that it will end in tears at Chelsea. As for Abranovich if I was worth billions and billions of pounds and was happy to piss it away on a football club I could make Villa the equivalent of Chelsea. Oh no but I forgot...the FFP rules won't let me do that now.

Rant over. Chelsea will walk the league this season but the w@nk fest over them really irritates me.

Mind you my wife who is a Chelsea fan and 'purring' as she watches MotD as I type is not helping matters.

Harry, I know exactly where you are coming from and i agree with 90% of what you wrote above.

The bit I don't agree with is .....All managers want to do it the easy way, but only some get the chance...(managers like Neil Warnock will always have to do his job the hard way and a few more) Jose Mourinho  did it the hard way at Porto and raised his stock sufficiently to get jobs where he can do it the easy way....He has earn't his spurs.

Harry, I know exactly where you are coming from and i agree with 90% of what you wrote above.

The bit I don't agree with is .....All managers want to do it the easy way, but only some get the chance...(managers like Neil Warnock will always have to do his job the hard way and a few more) Jose Mourinho  did it the hard way at Porto and raised his stock sufficiently to get jobs where he can do it the easy way....He has earn't his spurs.

Just show her the Delph goal last season and say "that cost you the title"...

animated gif it as your screensaver...

• Like 2

I'll start by saying I've had a little drink tonight.

This **** attitude of , but it's Chelsea, or it's man city, or it's man UTD, so I can accept the defeat, is really pissing me off.

Ok, we got beat, but for **** sake, let's not start to accept that it as the norm, and we should just accept it.

Let's get upset, let's be pissed off!

If we accept mediocrity,no shots on goal, a **** total lack of attacking intension, then we may as well just pack in and go home.

Leicester didn't give up last week, hull had a go today.

Stop **** accepting mediocrity and show some **** passion, please.!!!

By 'passion' you obviously mean 'swear words', potty mouth.
  • Like 1

Was she doing it down the telephone?

Games like this one aren't the ones to be won, they're the ones to try and limit the damage to the goal difference, as will be City next week. Like it or not that's the way things are. I would be more disappointed not beating teams around us e.g Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham. Admit we lost, admit we will lose again next week and lets just get through this run without things being out of our grasp.

Having said all this we are a team that is in with a good chance of finishing 13-17th. I'll take that at the end of the season. We're out of one cup, we'll go out of the other around round 4 or 5 and that for me will do. Call it clutching at straws but this is now all we will ever be unless we were to get some horrendously splurgent investment. And even if we did, I think I would feel cheated because we are better than buying our way into success.

But the fact is, this is what it means to be successful. Buying it.

We lost to a team that has an unfair advantage over most of he league as they have been able to spend money that the can never generate themselves FFP? yeah right!. They aren't the only club but this is the league we are now in and I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't watch other teams games even though I could watch every Premier League game here in Australia. I had hardly heard of Costa (a very apt name!) before today as I truly detest what the game has come to and no longer have any interest in it other than Aston Villa.

We go again.

• Like 1

Games like this one aren't the ones to be won, they're the ones to try and limit the damage to the goal difference, as will be City next week. Like it or not that's the way things are. I would be more disappointed not beating teams around us e.g Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham. Admit we lost, admit we will lose again next week and lets just get through this run without things being out of our grasp.

Having said all this we are a team that is in with a good chance of finishing 13-17th. I'll take that at the end of the season. We're out of one cup, we'll go out of the other around round 4 or 5 and that for me will do. Call it clutching at straws but this is now all we will ever be unless we were to get some horrendously splurgent investment. And even if we did, I think I would feel cheated because we are better than buying our way into success.

Oh my posts like this make me sad. And there are plenty of others in this thread, so sorry AM88 for picking yours.

I can accept that in a 38 game season, we will not be ahead of the big spenders in the end.

But in one game, anything can happen. Big surprises happen all the time. I'd like to think bigger than Villa winning Chelsea away.

Should we be tearing our thinning hair off for the loss? No. Should we be tearing the manager or players a new one because of it? No. But this acceptance of losing and just saying that that's the way things are is something I can't stand.

I am annoyed we lost. I always will be. No matter how predictable it was.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

And also, Delph getting MotM in every game is ridiculous. Had Clark stood and watched from a couple yards away the all-important second goal, so many here would be calling for his head. What happens when Delph does it? He gets MotM.

Oh my posts like this make me sad. And there are plenty of others in this thread, so sorry AM88 for picking yours.

I can accept that in a 38 game season, we will not be ahead of the big spenders in the end.

But in one game, anything can happen. Big surprises happen all the time. I'd like to think bigger than Villa winning Chelsea away.

Should we be tearing our thinning hair off for the loss? No. Should we be tearing the manager or players a new one because of it? No. But this acceptance of losing and just saying that that's the way things are is something I can't stand.

I am annoyed we lost. I always will be. No matter how predictable it was.

I know that shocks can and do happen in games so we shouldn't just accept it, but in the vast majority of cases it doesn't happen. If it was more than a once in a blue moon occurrence then Chelsea wouldn't be top, Man City wouldn't be 2nd. Better players cost more. Better players beat lesser players. Accepting that Chelsea will beat us 9 times out of 10 is the best thing to do before moving on to games we actually have a realistic chance of winning.