limpid

Im just sick of this whimpering football i wasn't overly impressed when we won games the style of football that bores me to tears we are such an unnattractive team to watch we counter attack and thats it we have been totally outclassedby a top chelsea team

Edited by villan501

Im just sick of this whimpering football i was overly impressed when we won games the style of football that bores me to tears we are such an unnattractive team to watch we counter attack and thats it.

These games are for bonus points. We've already nabbed 3 points from the Liverpool game which was great. If we play so unambitiously once this run is over, then there'll be cause for voicing concern, but as things stand it's promising that we're looking so organized for the majority of games compared to previous years.

You don't go from relegation battles to playing expansive, attacking football against a team where most individual players cost more than our entire starting XI

• Like 4

There is nothing wrong getting beat 3,4,5 0 by Chelsea, and we have played reasonably well for parts of the game.

Additionally there is sense in adopting a cautious defensive approach after last years problems.

But there has to be a level of concern that in seven games this season we have concedeed 11 goals and scored just 4 ?......well I have a level of concern !?.

There is nothing wrong getting beat 3,4,5 0 by Chelsea, and we have played reasonably well for parts of the game.

Additionally there is sense in adopting a cautious defensive approach after last years problems.

But there has to be a level of concern that in seven games this season we have concedeed 11 goals and scored just 4 ?......well I have a level of concern !?.

It would be more concerning if those games didn't include Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and a notoriously tight at the back Stoke. Once this horror run of fixtures is over we'll be able to get a better idea of how much (or how little) attacking threat we really carry - particularly with Benteke back

I dont think Benteke is going to make much difference against these teams there just to good for us!

Agreed. There's a gulf in class, and sadly we're on the wrong end of it. 

What Benteke would offer is the ability to do something brilliant when it's at 0-0 or 1-0 to the opposition. That'll pick you up a few extra points against the top teams over the course of a season