Down with the sickness

VillanousOne

“It was a tough game for us, it’s a tough game when everybody is 100 per cent fit, but what happened before the game and during the warm up and at half-time, the lads were running on empty.”

Paul Lambert quoted from the same article.

Iv been ill all week but still made it to the game.

**** girls, man up.

Going to the game is far easier than running around at PL level playing football.

He is obviously taking the piss. Chill out.

From his recent posts, he 'obviously' isn't.

• Like 1

**** girls, man up.

289908d1387233370-speaking-petals-b27659

You 'making it to the game' and sitting on your arse watching it is not quite the same as playing 90 mins of premier league football against one of the best sides in the league. 

Must be a joke/troll, cannot surely be a real opinion? 

• Like 1

**** girls, man up.

Going to the game is far easier than running around at PL level playing football.

He is obviously taking the piss. Chill out.

From his recent posts, he 'obviously' isn't.

I might be annoyed at how we play football and other things going on at the club but I'm aware that playing football is a bit different to sitting there watching it.

I suppose it's not a bad time to happen, really. If we get tanked by the big boys, then we can blame it on the virus and confidence isn't as dented as it normally would be? I dunno, just a thought. 

Obviously it would be better if it didn't happen at all but I'd rather it happen now in the midst of games we're likely to lose anyway (plus we already have a lot of points on the board) than during games that we've got more chance of winning.

Have stepped away from twitter. The amount of people 'trolling' this as just an excuse to protect Lambert is pissing me off more than a little.

It's hardly trolling, it's a pretty good reason in all fairness. It's obvious you don't like the guy but seriously, come on.

Apparebtky Delph missed the half time team talk because he ran straight to the toilet.

Sanchez and Guzan weren't great either, Westwood was sort of ok but then got injured too.

Fears are that it's not just a 24 hour virus and Bodymore is closed until they are sure the virus is gone. So we go to Chelsea with very little training to prepare.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

Apparebtky Delph missed the half time team talk because he ran straight to the toilet.

Sanchez and Guzan weren't great either, Westwood was sort of ok but then got injured too.

Fears are that it's not just a 24 hour virus and Bodymore is closed until they are sure the virus is gone. So we go to Chelsea with very little training to prepare.

They can train at Villa Park!

Paul Lambert bemoaned a sickness bug that swept Bodymoor Heath in the days leading up to the Arsenal defeat - and during it too!

Lambert says he will be shutting the training ground over the weekend as he looks to see off the virus.

Darren Bent and Nathan Baker were unable to report this morning due to the stomach upset while Ashley Westwood was unwell in the warm-up and Andi Weimann was sick in the dressing room at half-time.

Lambert was feeling under the weather himself along with several other backroom staff - along with Fabian Delph and Brad Guzan who had been suffering earlier in the week.

He said: "We have had so much bad luck this week - and even before the game.

"We lost Darren, Westy and Nathan before the match. Nathan and Darren pulled out this morning. Westy was sick during the warm-up and Andi was sick at half-time. They were really bad.

"Fabian has had a bug. Fabian went into the Liverpool game not feeling the best. Guzan has had a bug.

"A lot of staff have got it. The virus is going around. I don't feel 100%. There are a few in there that don't feel that good.

"So you're not best prepared for that magnitude of game.

"I will probably have to shut the training ground for a couple of days because that's too many lads.

"In the game itself, we had to score in a period where we had chances. It might have given you something to hang on to.

"But Arsenal are clinical.

"To lose three goals is disappointing. But I can't sit here and say I'm disappointed with the start we've made.

"It was a tough game for us. It's a tough game when everyone is 100% fit.

"But what happened this morning, during the warm-up and at half-time, the lads were running on empty."

Despite not feeling great, Lambert says confidence will remain high.

He added: "You have to keep your confidence intact. I can't sit here and be critical of the team.

"You take your medicine. We have been beaten once in five games. There's no point in being down about it.

"You go again. You're in a run of games that are really hard. But 10 points is a good return."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4159105,00.html

Â