Down with the sickness

VillanousOne

Apparebtky Delph missed the half time team talk because he ran straight to the toilet.

Sanchez and Guzan weren't great either, Westwood was sort of ok but then got injured too.

Fears are that it's not just a 24 hour virus and Bodymore is closed until they are sure the virus is gone. So we go to Chelsea with very little training to prepare.

They can train at Villa Park!

What and spread it round there too?

I think it's more a case of keeping the players apart for a bit to try and stop the spread. Hopefully it will settle down quickly, because we are going to need to be sharp at Chelsea. It could be a real mauling if we aren't.

Apparebtky Delph missed the half time team talk because he ran straight to the toilet.

Sanchez and Guzan weren't great either, Westwood was sort of ok but then got injured too.

Fears are that it's not just a 24 hour virus and Bodymore is closed until they are sure the virus is gone. So we go to Chelsea with very little training to prepare.

I think it's more a case of keeping the players apart for a bit to try and stop the spread. Hopefully it will settle down quickly, because we are going to need to be sharp at Chelsea. It could be a real mauling if we aren't.

Must be one hell of a contagious virus - and yet they all looked so good for 30 minutes - Delph almost scored.

Sorry I can't put todays defeat all down to a virus - Bacuna for Sanchez I feel would have helped more. - but ulimatley we were beaten by a far superior side. I think if would be better if we held up hands and said that. We really don't want to make a habit of making excuses...

Must be one hell of a contagious virus - and yet they all looked so good for 30 minutes - Delph almost scored.

Sorry I can't put todays defeat all down to a virus - Bacuna for Sanchez I feel would have helped more. - but ulimatley we were beaten by a far superior side. I think if would be better if we held up hands and said that. We really don't want to make a habit of making excuses...

You think Bacuna for Sanchez would've helped more than not having half the team ill?

• Like 1

Im just pissed it happened in the lead up to the day we were meant to go top. Everything was going too well for us so Mother Nature stepped in to bring us crashing back down to earth. Cheers for that.

But seriously, something like this happening now (with the run of games we have), is better than any other time I suppose but its still shitty pfffftt

Im just pissed it happened in the lead up to the day we were meant to go top. Everything was going too well for us so Mother Nature stepped in to bring us crashing back down to earth. Cheers for that.

But seriously, something like this happening now (with the run of games we have), is better than any other time I suppose but its still shitty pfffftt

Virus or no Virus - I think Arsenal would have beaten us today - it grieves me to say it - I thought they were excellent. Mertsaker whom I have never particular rated, was an absolute giant for them. No shame in loosing to them today - they really looked a top side.

• Like 1

We'd have lost anyway we can't keep having 25% possession and 1 shot on goal every match and be expecting to win. We hate playing footballing teams like Arsenal at home they always show up our glaring inadequateness.

Why do they call keep calling Westwoood "Westy"?

Angry_Troll.jpg

Edited by supernova26

Virus or no Virus - I think Arsenal would have beaten us today - it grieves me to say it - I thought they were excellent. Mertsaker whom I have never particular rated, was an absolute giant for them. No shame in loosing to them today - they really looked a top side.

No doubt, on paper a result like this is always on thr cards at anytime in the season. But what im saying is it would have been nice to see what we could have done with a clean bill of health to try and continue the start we'd made.

Even with a fit Benteke we'd be favourites to lose, just a shame this bug has hit at a time like this. Just seemed a waste of a packed Villa Park which was great to see, a great atmosphere. Even Randy turned up didnt he? Ah well, hopefully the sickness wont run into next weekend.

Well it obviously is a very contagious virus if it's affected half the team in a week isn't it?!

I don't think anyone is putting the result all down to the virus at all.

As you say, we played a far superior team and we still managed to live with them for a large portion of the game and be arguably the best side for half an hour. That was despite the illness affecting the squad.

Their superiority came through in a mad 5 minutes and they were able to use their quality to see out the game comfortably in the second half.

No ones saying it was all down to illness, but equally it wasn't down to poor performance or bad tactics. We got beat by a better side, who showed their quality when the opportunity arose and we were not at 100%, which pretty much killed any small chance we had.

Lambert answering a question post match about the squad being ill is hardly making a habit of excuses, especially she he started the sentence with (paraphrase) "I don't want to use it as an excuse......we could have done better at times in the first half"

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Â