• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Disappointing obviously but that bug clearly had a massive effect. They still played well for half hour before crumbling, which will happen against the better sides, but they picked themselves up after half time and had another go before efforts ground to a halt after an hour or so. You could see that things just weren't right, onwards and upwards you'd hope.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Missed everything yesterday. Literally only know the score and that all the goals came at once.

What's this about a bug?

It's reported that there's been a virus around that's infected us. Bent and Baker never made it, Westwood got ill just before the game (which is why Sanchez started and even he looked poorly) (sorry donnie). Weimann puked after half time and Guzan and Delph were both unwell. Even some of the coaching staff got it (but not Keano because it's Keane) (dorry sonnie).

Has anyone noticed the title of this thread?

Ratings and Reactions: Villa 3-0 Arsenal

Hmmm... did I miss something?

Maybe the posts about it earlier in the thread?

Edited by chappy

9th consecutive game that I've been in which we've lost (I'm including the Bradford 2nd leg as a loss). I don't think I should go ever again.

Normally you would be considered a 'Jonah' but since Lambert took over we lose at home with such frequency that it would be very difficult not to notch up a run of witnessing home defeats.  :D

Edited by pacbuddies

Oh yeah....the atmosphere was utter garbage from the word go.

As an absolute minimum the club should look at a designated singing area....it is very hard to start or join in a song when the next interested person is ten seats away. And I don't mean the second half, which was understandable for its deathly hush.

9th consecutive game that I've been in which we've lost (I'm including the Bradford 2nd leg as a loss). I don't think I should go ever again.

Have to agree. That is some poor record you have there even given our home form. Stay away.

As an absolute minimum the club should look at a designated singing area....it is very hard to start or join in a song when the next interested person is ten seats away. And I don't mean the second half, which was understandable for its deathly hush.

Sounded alright in the Upper Holt. 

Designated singing area would be absolutely horrible. Something SHA would do. 

I was in the upper holte as always. It was like a morgue.

I don't care whether blues would do it.

We should have an area you can go to sing. It doesn't stop other people joining in but would ensure those that want to can. Like at away games where pretty much everyone does.

It is getting more and more important as the number of people who only get vocal when something is provided for them increases.

For years it has got slowly worse.

I was in the upper holte as always. It was like a morgue.

I don't care whether blues would do it.

We should have an area you can go to sing. It doesn't stop other people joining in but would ensure those that want to can. Like at away games where pretty much everyone does.

It is getting more and more important as the number of people who only get vocal when something is provided for them increases.

For years it has got slowly worse.

For the first 30 minutes I felt as if we actually believe we can win the league. We didnt shut up for half an hour! And after that... morgue. 

What has happened to Okore? Surely Clark is our 5th choice centre half?

Okore has been injured for nearly a year.

I'm sure we're just easing him back in.

Throwing him into a huge game like this probably isn't the best way to do that.

What has happened to Okore? Surely Clark is our 5th choice centre half?

Okore has been injured for nearly a year.

I'm sure we're just easing him back in.

Throwing him into a huge game like this probably isn't the best way to do that.

I wasn't saying he should have played. I was asking what has happened to him. He doesn't seem to be featuring at all.

Clark nearly scored, great save, after that Arsenal took control. We are looking far better than last season and that's enough for me. Atmosphere was good until the 3rd goal, lower Holte.

There was a few Arsenal fans in the lower Holte as well, which is fair enough i suppose but they should at least have enough about them to keep it quiet, they didn't and it nearly kicked off on a couple of occasions.

Clark nearly scored, great save, after that Arsenal took control. We are looking far better than last season and that's enough for me. Atmosphere was good until the 3rd goal, lower Holte.

There was a few Arsenal fans in the lower Holte as well, which is fair enough i suppose but they should at least have enough about them to keep it quiet, they didn't and it nearly kicked off on a couple of occasions.

An Arsenal fan in one of the box's celebrated a bit too much and a villa fan climbed and punched him.

Stupid really because that fan can probably never go to Villa Park again.

An Arsenal fan in one of the box's celebrated a bit too much and a villa fan climbed and punched him.

Mind you, you do get complete cocks in the boxes on occasion. Not condoning violence but pretty stupid from both for me.

Mind you, you do get complete cocks in the boxes on occasion. Not condoning violence but pretty stupid from both for me.

Very much so. It was all quite embarrassing from both sides.