• Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Just like watching brazil!

Seriously though it was always going to be difficult today with the virus decimating the squad and those mental three mins aside we didn't look that bad. Think today has proven that Clark is way back in the pecking order. Hope it doesn't knock Cissokho's confidence too much.

Cleverley motm for me, would've had an assist if the finish had been as good as it should've been.

Next week chelsea and we go again...

• Like 4

A mental 5 minutes flattered the scoreline. Conceding so many so soon really affected our game plan. After that Arsenal where happy to knock it about and make it difficult for us. I heard the team was struck down with a virus and I imagine some players where still playing not feeling too well. Sanchez really struggled he was the weak link today but those minutes will have done him good, ditto Grealish who gets you off your seat, great to have such a youngster. Bit disappointed with the apathy in the crowd but it's to be expected after the awful form we've had at home. Still we're 3rd in the league!! Confident we won't struggle too much this year.

Edited by maltesemike
  • Like 2

Sanchez is obviously not ready but as his age it he needs to get up to speed by a kick up the arse as we can't afford to bed him in. On reflection one of N'Zogbia, Bacuna or Grealish should have started (although they may also have been sick) in his place and the formation shifted. Seeing Grealish come on and be composed, win a few free kicks and not waste the ball he'd have been my choice, I think he's as ready now as he will ever be without playing 90 mins of Premier League football

No complaints, we need to score first with our set up and had 2/3 chances to do that but just could capitalise on it, after that Clark leaves his man on side and the much derided özil gets his first away goal for Arsenal, it was no surprise welbeck scored soon after given his record against us.

It's not the result that disappoints me, but the manner in which we lost. To concede quickfire goals like that, just like we did against them at VP last season, is hard to take when our defence has been so fantastic thus far (although, another CB change doesn't really help). I'd have thought that we'd come out fighting in the second half as we'd got nothing to lose, and an early goal for us could have seen the game play out a little differently, but to just sit back for the rest of the game as though we were 3-0 up was a bit disheartening. Obviously, we don't know the ins and outs of this virus that's been going around the camp, and if it's true that several players on the pitch were feeling the effects of it then it goes some way into explaining the lack of energy. Sanchez needs a bit of time to settle in, but the minutes he's gained will help. Dust ourselves off and move onto the next game (eek!).

A dreadful four minutes cost us dearly.

The virus obviously had it's effect on the squad and I'm sure a few of the players on the pitch were not 100%.

Sanchez was very poor which is worrying but hopefully he'll get better quickly.

I just hope this doesn't dampen the spirit in the squad and among the supporters. Lets hope it was a one off.

Missed Westwood tbf. Sanchez had a nightmare, should've taken him off at half time for Bacuna instead of Weimann imo. We go again.

Apparently Weimann threw up just as he got off the pitch...

Shocking 3 minutes. Rest was below standard. Like one poster said in the match thread: We sat back on a 3:0 defeat.

Today showed us just how influential Westwood is.

Cleverly is my Motm.

I'm not particularly bothered when we lose to top teams, I prefer to waste energy moaning when we lose to crap teams like West Ham or Sunderland. Arsenal will win this fixture 7 or 8 times out of 10 so I'm not too concerned. That said, the absolute defensive meltdown is a concern that will have to be looked at. 3 goals in 3 minutes is just unbelievable, shouldn't be happening at this level. 

Still, onto the next game of this run of horrible fixtures, two down, three to go. Let's see how we react. 

• Like 1

We would've lost anyway, but with the flu we had no chance after they scored.

Cleverly was probably my MotM.

Sanchez very poor, Aly and Clark right behind him.

Anyways, no reason to dwell on it. Put it down to sickness and move forward. We'll be better next game.