Match Fixing in the Premier League

maqroll

Match Fixing  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Matches Are Fixed in the Premier League?

• Definitely Yes
    • Definitely No
    • Probably Yes
    • Probably No

How about match-fixing in the FA  or League Cup?

You would have thought a lower-league team might roll over for one of the mega-rich clubs but in recent years I've got the impression there have been a lot of upsets in the minor competitions.

The amount of money the big clubs get from any given round of a cup competition must not be enough to make bribing the current opponents a reasonable economic proposition.

On the other hand the cup draws could be fixed by the organisers to ensure at least one good match for the TV.

The amount of money the big clubs get from any given round of a cup competition must not be enough to make bribing the current opponents a reasonable economic proposition.

I imagine when a big club draw a minnow they usually back themselves to win without the risk that would come along with having to bribe an entire team of players to throw the game.

Would that risk be worth progressing to round 4 of the FA cup in a game they should win anyway?

Blatant fixing I would say probably not.

But the big clubs have the power to lean on people - you bet the Cleverley deal wouldn't have gone through were we buying him from stoke.

Try getting a decision against one of the big clubs, when they are on the run in pushing for a CL spot or PL title (thats why its best to play the big clubs early in the season - and why they often suffer defeat in Aug \ Sept)

So fixing no - but equally are we playing on a level playing field - I would say not

Edited by smetrov

think top flight football in the big leagues is hard to fix with the scrutiny from the media these days. BUT I wouldnt put it past League 1 or 2 where players are not under the spotlight and are not as highly paid

outright match fixing no but spot fixing yes.so many players gamble so how much they earn in a sense is irrelevant as they bet huge sums.michael owens gambling was reported to bad and he earnt god knows how much.premiership players on good money have still gambled it all away so why would there not be some sort of fixing.would have thought outright match fixing would involve referees more than players though if it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

That effort from vergini, I cant even see what he was trying to do, the way he volleys the ball it was only ever going to go one way

I think he was trying to sort of volley it sideways with the outside of his boot, but just caught it full by accident.

I've done it myself, although not into the goal. But where I've tried to use the outside of the boot and caught it full instead.

Stevo just does it in the right end, every week.

Do I ****.

We played a final a couple of weeks ago. I managed a shot on target in the last minute (we were 6-1 down at the time)

That was my first shot on target of the season. And it wasn't very good.

Â