Chess

maqroll

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

@ robby b and Stevo 985,

I have just loggod on to chess.com and will be online for about 2 hours,if anyone wants a game ?

Are you vive le amo?

im online anyway if you want a game 

Edit: sorry that’s not you. I’ve added you now. 

Edited by Stevo985

@Stevo985Can you tell me how you recorded that game (on page 3 ) against robb b ?

I would like to do that with the game I played just now against ss251,I am really proud of this game and I would like to keep it for future reference.The reason is that the first piece that I lost was my Queen but I went on to win the game and at the end the only piece ss251 was a Bishop and about 4 pawns.I cant believe how I did this (ss251) was rated much higher than me,so if I can keep this game,maybe,just maybe I can actually find out how I won this game and use the info for future games.

22 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

@Stevo985Can you tell me how you recorded that game (on page 3 ) against robb b ?

I would like to do that with the game I played just now against ss251,I am really proud of this game and I would like to keep it for future reference.The reason is that the first piece that I lost was my Queen but I went on to win the game and at the end the only piece ss251 was a Bishop and about 4 pawns.I cant believe how I did this (ss251) was rated much higher than me,so if I can keep this game,maybe,just maybe I can actually find out how I won this game and use the info for future games.

Chess.Com keeps all your games. If you go to “play” and scroll down there should be a section called “completed games” where it lists every game you’ve played. 

You can then click on any of them and there should be an option to “share”. One of the options under share should be “animated gif” which gives you a gif like I posted which you can download. 

I think this only works on the website and not on the app

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Yes,I have just logged on.but how do I respond to your challenge/request ?

I think if you go to the "Play" section you should get a notification there saying you have a challenge. 

Or you may get a notification in "Messages"

I tell you what.Im out all day tomorrow but give me a time and we can play on Wednesday.I think Perth is 8 hours ahead,but Im not sure.Aston Villa ( live,3pm kick off is usually around 10pm here.We dont have daylight saving here in Perth. Also we will have to figure out how to challenge or respond to a challenge ( we have all day tomorro to work that out I can play almost any time.  I tried notifications and only got messages (2 ) from the mods.

Edited by PussEKatt

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I tried that but every user name I put in it says this user name is taken if this is your login.I have tried PussEKatt,Charlotte1 and Chloe.Im running out of names.Im going to log off in a minute,I will try again tomorrow night.I do want to join. 

Here are 2 replies I got from the mods to do with "losing on time"

I dont understand the second one.

Hello,

I crosschecked the other 3 games that you have mentioned and in those cases there were opportunity for your opponent's to move and stalemate rule cannot be applied like the one you had on that game you first mentioned.

I would have loved to return points but unfortunately you lost those games on time. You played really well in those games but time went out unfortunately and there is no stalemate on any of those cases.

Losing on time:
Hello,

Well it is just a simple time-out issue here. No special or different criteria here. Your 10 mins time passed in this case. Try to make sure to keep an eye on the clock as well in later part of the games. I know it can be tough in last moments. I have been through this myself and I remember I use to hate it when I lose a winning game on time. Then I tried to improve on this by keeping an eye on the clock as well so that I lose less in time situations.

Right,its off to bed for me.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Here are 2 replies I got from the mods to do with "losing on time"

I dont understand the second one.

Hello,

I crosschecked the other 3 games that you have mentioned and in those cases there were opportunity for your opponent's to move and stalemate rule cannot be applied like the one you had on that game you first mentioned.

I would have loved to return points but unfortunately you lost those games on time. You played really well in those games but time went out unfortunately and there is no stalemate on any of those cases.

Losing on time:
Hello,

Well it is just a simple time-out issue here. No special or different criteria here. Your 10 mins time passed in this case. Try to make sure to keep an eye on the clock as well in later part of the games. I know it can be tough in last moments. I have been through this myself and I remember I use to hate it when I lose a winning game on time. Then I tried to improve on this by keeping an eye on the clock as well so that I lose less in time situations.

Right,its off to bed for me.

I think I explained the time rule to you pretty well. I'm not sure what you're struggling with.

If you run out of time, you lose. The only way you don't lose is if your opponent doesn't have enough material to checkmate you. For example if your opponent only has a King and you run out of time, your opponent isn't given the victory because he could never have won.

Any other time you run out of time, you lose.

I understand what you are saying,and I agree with it but ,as mentioned by the mod above.I questioned 3 of my games.....because IMHO I was in a better position than my opponent,yet I lost.

As the mod says in the second reply.You have to keep your eye on the clock but why ? when time runs out its not always the player in the best position,as I have stated above and,why keep an eye on the clock ? Is it because the player who has not moved yet that loses or is it the player that still has to move that loses ?

OK stevo 985.Check out this game,that I have only just finished.I lost on time,yet I have 1-Rook  2-Knights and 3-pawns.Black has 1-Bishop and 2-pawns.

II have more material,I have the better positions,I have the advantage.I am sure that with 1 Rook and 2 Knights I could easily knock off his 2 pawns.If I dont go on any black squares,his Bishop can not touch me,and with 3 pawns all on one side with only one black pawn to get past I can get past without even using any other pieces except my pawns.

I could go on but I am sure there is enough info here to say that " I should have won this game"and NOT lost points.FFS.

Â