Chess

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's nothing unfair. You ran out of time. That's literally the point of playing a timed game.

But thats not fair,I mean if you are behind or losing to a better player all you would have to do is play for time.

Just now, PussEKatt said:

But thats not fair,I mean if you are behind or losing to a better player all you would have to do is play for time.

Exactly. It's called flagging. It's a lot easier said than done though.

What do you think the point of the clock is?

On 11/02/2022 at 12:35, PussEKatt said:

I thought the clockwas for the max length of time for a game to last.

Oh. Well it is in a way. But if you had just a general time limit then if someone got ahead then they could just sit there and let the time run out and they’ve won. 

This way both players are forced to not waste time

I got in touch with the mods at chess.com and complained about that game where I had 2 Queens against 1K and 2 pawns.I lost that game on time and lost 7 points.The mod said that that game ended in stalemate,but I still lost 7 points.I wrote to them again concerning this but have not heard back for about a week now ?!

Also,I tried to add you and 2 others to my froends list but it asks for your e-mail addresses ( yours,not mine ) I must be doing something wrong? 

On 10/02/2022 at 12:35, PussEKatt said:

I got in touch with the mods and they said that if you lose/draw a game that you were ahead of when the time ran out,get in touch with them with the details of who you were playing and explain the situation.

BTW.I am PussEKatt on chess.com

I am going to add Stevo,robinbab13 and Vive_la_amo as friends.

Hi, I'll try to add you now on chess.com. And will try to "challenge" you and Stevo to a game today. Played v Vive_la_amo yesterday, he's good, he's a speedy player! 😵🤓

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Im a speedy player also but my rating is only around the 850 mark.

I'm quite speedy too but not as much as Speedy Gonzalez. 🇲🇽 🐭  (Or Vive_la_Villa). I think the most recent rating I got from chess.com was very similar to yours, I think mine was 800. I guess this is intermediate level maybe. 🤔

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I got in touch with the mods at chess.com and complained about that game where I had 2 Queens against 1K and 2 pawns.I lost that game on time and lost 7 points.The mod said that that game ended in stalemate,but I still lost 7 points.I wrote to them again concerning this but have not heard back for about a week now ?!

You lose points if you draw against someone with a lower rank than you 

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

According to the start screen its still beginner ?!

😮 Oh! Hmm, well I only played a 'live' game on chess.com v another person for the first time a few weeks ago and I've only played three games in total, maybe it's to do with that. But I've been playing chess v a computer (especiallly chess.com) regularly since 2012 at least, maybe 2011 or 2010 so I'm no beginner! I have improved little by little.

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

😮 Oh! Hmm, well I only played a 'live' game on chess.com v another person for the first time a few weeks ago and I've only played three games in total, maybe it's to do with that. But I've been playing chess v a computer (especiallly chess.com) regularly since 2012 at least, maybe 2011 or 2010 so I'm no beginner! I have improved little by little.

I’ve sent you a challenge

• Thanks 1

Just now, robby b said:

Thanks. 🙂 But where do I find it? :s

Dunno 😂

I think if you go into “play” on the sidebar it should be in there somewhere?

or a notification under the bell icon in the top right

Just now, robby b said:

Well played! Thanks for the game. I shouldn't have tried to go as fast as you, I ended up making two big mistakes.

Yeah good game mate. Would love to play a few more. 

I don’t consider myself to be very good but happy to give any tips if I can. 

Yeah hanging the queen was your main mistake. And you didn’t castle when you had the chance which is always a good idea imo. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah good game mate. Would love to play a few more. 

I don’t consider myself to be very good but happy to give any tips if I can. 

Yeah hanging the queen was your main mistake. And you didn’t castle when you had the chance which is always a good idea imo. 

Sure, to be continued soon... I've reactivated notifications for my chess.com app. I can go on there at the weekend and about 7pm or 8pm on weekdays. 

I mean, I know I have to play fast so that I don't lose by using up all my ten minutes... but maybe I didn't really need to go as fast as you (and I was going more or less as fast as you for a lot of the game).

Poor queen! She didn't stand a chance where I moved her to. 😑

I learnt how to castle about a year ago, then i put it into practice vs the chess.com computer (mainly Isabel, my old Costa Rican nemesis 🇨🇷 ) but a lot of times I ended up losing soon afterwards, which was frustrating. I guess I should start using it again (after first remembering the rules) and try harder to work out how to follow it up appropriately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robby b said:

Sure, to be continued soon... I've reactivated notifications for my chess.com app. I can go on there at the weekend and about 7pm or 8pm on weekdays. 

I mean, I know I have to play fast so that I don't lose by using up all my ten minutes... but maybe I didn't really need to go as fast as you (and I was going more or less as fast as you for a lot of the game).

Poor queen! She didn't stand a chance where I moved her to. 😑

I learnt how to castle about a year ago, then i put it into practice vs the chess.com computer (mainly Isabel, my old Costa Rican nemesis 🇨🇷 ) but a lot of times I ended up losing soon afterwards, which was frustrating. I guess I should start using it again (after first remembering the rules) and try harder to work out how to follow it up appropriately.

There’s times when you don’t need to castle, and obviously if you need to defend other pieces then don’t prioritise it, but usually castling is the best way to get your king safe. Chess.com does lessons and I know there’s one on castling so may be worth looking at. 

Happy to play on different time limits if you like. 15|10 is a good one. 15 minute time limit but every time you make a move you get an extra 10 seconds. 

So it’s timed but it’s much more relaxed. You don’t have to rush

Â