Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

It's a good time to be playing Arsenal, if such a thing exists. They've got big problems at the back in terms of personnel, and even if they have one of them back for saturday, it'll hardly be the ideal situation for them. On top of that, the way they're playing right now leaves them pretty much perfectly ripe for the taking with our style of play.

I'm not expecting us to get anything, because I don't think that our now patented rearguard action will hold up against their barrage, but it's possible.

If we're going to even get a point, IMO we need 2 goals

Arsenal were absolutely terrible last night, people are blaming the defence but it was Wilshere and Arteta who were the weak links. It was just wave after wave of attacks coming from midfield.

Dortmund were a joy to watch though, really pleased Klopp has been able to rebuild his squad effectively.

In terms of Villa though I don't think it will have passed Keane and Lambert by that Dortmund pressed the hell out of Arsenal in midfield and attack, got stuck into their lightweight midfielders and then broke at pace. 

Its almost enough to make you feel confident but that's not a feeling which comes easy to a Villa fan. Also its difficult to imagine that Arsenal can play that bad again.

Edited by villaglint

I live in islington so this is almost a 'derby' for me. I'm not a fan of arsenal. I mean I like to watch them play, who doesn't, but their fans are just terrible and live in LaLa land at times.

I hope Wilshire is fit tbh. He's gifted but soooooo over rated it's ridiculous.

It's shocking we ain't beat them at home since 1998! Embarrassing in fact. Despite losing last night, badly I may add should of been 5 or 6 IMO, you just know they will bounce back against us purely just because we are villa.

We look solid at the moment and long may that continue just hope we don't break down cause in recent years when we break down we do so in a terrible manor.

4-5-1 for me need to match them in the middle of the park and hit them on the break. Same 11 V Liverpool (maybe N'Zogbia in for Richardson for more counter attacking pace and vlaar if fully fit of corse).

Welbeck to score. Going 3-1 loss but just hope we give them a good game and continue to keep confidence high.

Was Flamini injured last night? 

As it turned out yes but beforehand he was being suggested as filling in at right back. I'd love to see Gabby running at Flamini! 

Do we know if he will be injured against us? They looked terrible in midfield without him.