Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

We can just play this one on the counter attack, be solid at the back, frustrate them, then hit them with pace. If Monreal and Debuchy are both injured then Gabby can exploit their defenders when they push forward. 

Will be an interesting game this one, for the first time in a while i'm really looking forward to going to Villa Park again. 

• Like 2

Thought it was worth mentioning the last season we started with 10 points from 4 games, was the last season we beat Arsenal at home, and were top at Christmas.

Be nice for Lambert to break a few more records just to have a nice spread of positive and negative records.

Also, the lowest we can drop with everything going against us is 5th, or potentially top if results go for us on Sunday. I wouldn't have dreamt such a strong position after the 5th game at the start of August

Thought it was worth mentioning the last season we started with 10 points from 4 games, was the last season we beat Arsenal at home, and were top at Christmas.

Be nice for Lambert to break a few more records just to have a nice spread of positive and negative records.

Also, the lowest we can drop with everything going against us is 5th, or potentially top if results go for us on Sunday. I wouldn't have dreamt such a strong position after the 5th game at the start of August

Lol top at Christmas! Would be living the dream!!

Bit of a cliché but we have to be the 12th man in this, if VP is rocking from the off they won't like it one bit - let's give the Villa boys the best possible chance of getting something here. Personally people laughed at me before this run of "5 losses" when I said we'd start with a win at Anfield and win one of the home games - this could very easily be a win and give us a free go so to speak at the other fixtures.

Realistically we've done very well to be where we are even if we don't get anything from the next 4, but in my current state of euphoria let's go for the 12 - WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE (AGAIN!)

My random thoughts on this one,

Arsenal struggle to handle Gabby

Gabby is on form

Arsenal will be jaded from an away CL game

We will be on a high after our start

We are at near full strength

They have a growing injury crisis

We are riding high in the league

They have had a mixed start

So all in all its set up for us to take a dicking and put us back in our place :)

Only I don't think its going to happen, I think we are going to take something from this one because of the above factors.

I just hope VP bouncing rather than half empty.

When you consider all of the above, I think it's pretty obvious we're going to win by at least 5 goals.... 

I watched a bit of AVTV last night, and after the Liverpool game Lambert said that Vlaar is out for a few weeks. I don't know if he's been in training, but we could be seeing Baker in his place again.

Let's all hope they pick up another defensive injury or two in tonight's game!!

I think I'll put a couple of quid on Senderos anytime goalscorer and Welbeck anytime goalscorer.

Gabby is on form

So all in all its set up for us to take a dicking and put us back in our place :)

Only I don't think its going to happen, I think we are going to take something from this one because of the above factors.

This

Gabby is on form

Hopefully they'll pick up a couple more injuries tonight as well in what will be a tough game for them

Unfortunately we're sure to lose as I've booked a ticket, last season I went to five games and we lost them all.

The ticket office are expecting it to be close to full following Saturdays result, they were inundated with calls yesterday apparently with multiple areas already sold out

Plus it's 3pm on a Saturday for once so no excuses for sub 40k imo