• Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Brilliant!

Enjoyed Liverpool losing almost as much as I enjoyed Villa winning.

Plenty of people, myself including, despaired at seeing Baker in the starting line up. I'm delighted to have my words well and truly shoved back down my throat. He didn't even hurt his head.

• Like 1

Well that was ridiculous. Nick an early goal and defend for nearly ninety minutes... and we pull it off. Second in the table. Amazing. Great team performance all round, especially from the defense - and I have to include Baker in that, despite me not rating him one bit last season. Solid, resolute, and lucky when their one dangerous attack came off the post. They had lots of possession but didn't do much with it, and their expensive attacking lineup came off looking like a bit of a waste of money. Good job lads, I'm proud of you.

Should've been Senderos for MotM, if not for that silly kick. 

Great defensive display. Love how whenever we turn up against any of the "big" teams, it's not because we play well, it's because they haven't turned up. Despite having one of the best records against top teams last season.

"That's how you're gonna beat them Butch. They keep underestimating you." ;)

• Like 3

I've said Baker was good all through last year (privately to my Dad  ;)) but today he was immense and it's good to have 3/4 solid centre halves.

Tactics were spot on - pressure them early on, got the goal we wanted and then defended solidly. Great start to the season and long may it continue.

• Like 1

I'm an asshole. I doubted us. I doubted Baker. But he was so poor last season. But today he saved a certain goal.

But our spirit this year is out of this world( shown by the scenes at the end)and our defence is extremely solid.

Nothing but admiration for this team right now.

• Like 1