Lee Bowyer

JuanPabloAngel

Would you be happy if Villa signed Bowyer?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Villa signed Bowyer?

• Yes
    • No

Although not sacked, it looks like a bid in the summer will tempt Newcastle to be rid of him.

Purely hypothetical, but a realistic target.

Lets say we could get him for £2 million, would you like to see O'Leary buy him?

No, if it was a one off incident, fine. However, he has caused problems wherever he went and usually left under a cloud. Drugs at Charlton, numerous fights and sending offs at leeds, lack of interest at West Ham and now this. We need some bite in our team but not a nutter like him.

No way. English and Overrated just like half of their team.
HQ, whats the English bit got to do with it?

After this week I would say two of the worlds best midfielders are english in Lampard and Gerrard

Is there an option for No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No?

Drat- just the fact i generally think English are overrated although i agree Lampard and Terry are two of the best palyers in Europe at the moment for their performances in the Champions league.

Think about it Jenas and Dyer (both linked in the past with 15m moves to Manure, what have they ever done to be worth that amount?!), Ameobi- tipped to play for England. What?!!! Bowyer- rubbish since he left leeds yet apparently half the premiership would love to sign him?!

Sorry HQ, I didnt see where you were coming from when you pointed out he was English. I suppose the prices are indicative for all of the premiership (and thats all players not just english ones IMO), where players prices even in todays markets seem somewhat inflated.

As for the question, remember the one manager that turned Bowyer into a consuistent performer.

If he was cheap enough and O'Leary could keep him on the straight and narrow, then maybe.

He can be good enough to walk into our first XI.

Absolutely not, but if he was as talented as Ronaldinho then probably yes.

I'm guessing that was the aim of the question..... would you put aside you dislike for a player if they were good enough for the club.

Although the racism tag would always trouble me and if it were proved true i'd want him gone.

No. For a (very) short spell at Leeds I thought he was the best box to box midlfielder in the country. Now I think he's a nasty little ratboy bitch and would hate it if he came. :evil:

No. For a (very) short spell at Leeds I thought he was the best box to box midlfielder in the country. Now I think he's a nasty little ratboy bitch and would hate it if he came. :evil:

Sums it up for me.

Â