Best football stadium visited anywhere in the world

dakid007

Bernabeu.

In a nice area aswell although overall I thought Madrid was a great city.

Although ridiculous quiet during the match, I hear Camp Nou is similar so makes you appreciate the noise in the prem.

Would love to go to the San Siro.

I went to the Milan Derby last season, atmosphere wasn't the best, definitely avoid the stadium tour too, the changing rooms are boring and its a very worn down stadium outside considering how 'new' it is relatively.

Best stadium I've been to is the Veltins Arena (Schalke), went last year to the Schalke Dortmund derby, and am going again in 2 weeks. 17,000 people standing, bouncing, singing and drinking beers for 90 minutes...Perfection! 

v2.jpg

I've been to a fair few in the UK - Goodison Park stands out as my favourite.

I like Goodison too. Yes it's a shit hole, the seats and floors are wooden, and your view is blocked by posts, but it's a proper stadium. Going to Goodison is what it was like when I fist started going to football. 

• Like 3

Dortmund's another one I'd love to do in the future, anyone on here been lucky to stand on their massive behind the goal terrace? Suppose something like that would make you think you were back on the Holte when it was standing.

Yes, although it was a Europa league game so there were plastic seats put in on every second terrace. Not that anyone sat down but I imagine it detracts from the full experience, never made it to a league game unfortunately. It was against Karpaty, BVB won 3-0, Kagawa scored #freeshinji it was also -10 degrees, only 40,000 in the ground but with everyone jumping to keep warm it was still an incredible atmosphere!

VP is a lovely ground, and when the atmosphere gets going I cant think of many better in this country. Goodison is pretty good but their home crowd are so boring!

Bernabeu.

In a nice area aswell although overall I thought Madrid was a great city.

Although ridiculous quiet during the match, I hear Camp Nou is similar so makes you appreciate the noise in the prem.

Would love to go to the San Siro.

I went to the Milan Derby last season, atmosphere wasn't the best, definitely avoid the stadium tour too, the changing rooms are boring and its a very worn down stadium outside considering how 'new' it is relatively.

Best stadium I've been to is the Veltins Arena (Schalke), went last year to the Schalke Dortmund derby, and am going again in 2 weeks. 17,000 people standing, bouncing, singing and drinking beers for 90 minutes...Perfection!

v2.jpg

How much did it cost for ur trip including tickets?

Edited by dakid007

Nou camp - done the tour twice, it's brilliant, Barcelona is a great city and it tells you everything you need to know when a stadium tour is one of the top 5 things to do in a great city

But watching a match, wasn't impressed at all, the concourse is very outdated, very rough, my seat was covered in dust, the bloke next to me smoked a cigar for half the game, most around me ate seeds all game and threw the shells at their feet, it was just dirty and not very nice, I also didn't like sitting under the soffit of the stand above me, not as bad as Sheffield utd but similar, then you throw in the number of tourists (I get the irony) there was about 50 Japanese school kids in my block, as a result there is a subdued atmosphere, 95k people you'd expect the place to be rocking, it was shocking

Hard to explain and 1 day I'll do it again just to make sure it wasn't me being on the rag, but I'd didn't really enjoy watching a game there at all

And going back to the stadium tour, whenever I think about the football league museum leaving Preston I can't help but feel disappointed that villa didn't push for it, villa park is a great stadium (if you pretend the north stand isn't there...) a proper museum attached to it would be amazing, the club missed the boat big time IMO

The Allianz I loved the outside, loved the approach to the stadium from the subway station but on the inside it was kind of meh. A lot of graffiti in the toilets btw. 

Metlife stadium (the new Giants stadium) was really well designed, felt really modern and kind of corporate but such great viewing angles. In the middle of nowhere really though. 

The new Wembley stadium, I went to a game in the corporate seating, I love the outside, all the mementos and history on show as you enter. Layout and atmosphere was good. 

I think I like the new Wembley the most of the three. 

TCG3ktg.jpg

Not for me this one - in American stadia, the bulk of the fans are positioned at the sides of the pitch, and that makes a lot of sense - it's got better sight lines, it allows for clearer views of the pitch and all that stuff, for the viewer, the spectator, it's ideal.

For a football stadium on the other hand, I like to see the fans behind the goal, we're not spectators in the same way, we're part of the team, the bulk of an army for whom the forward unit is fighting - in most traditional British stadiums, the bulk of the fans aren't sat side on to watch the game, they're sat behind the goal, facing in the direction of battle; participants not viewers. That fits better with me.

• Like 2

Football is football, right? :)

In that case i'm going with the MCG, with 100,000 people there on AFL grand final day. My team lost very badly, but it's such an amazing stadium.

Secondly, I went to the redeveloped Adelaide Oval for 13 AFL matches this year and it's an absolutely brilliant place to watch footy. Great facilities, great atmosphere.

The new Wembley stadium, I went to a game in the corporate seating, I love the outside, all the mementos and history on show as you enter. Layout and atmosphere was good. 

I think I like the new Wembley the most of the three. 

It's all about opinions but I hated 'new' Wembley.

For me it reminded me of a bigger version of the Riverside - a soulless identikit looking stadium.

Inside the seating gave plenty of space but at the cost of intimacy with other fans and the view is poor from the upper tier for watching a game (too far away from the pitch).

It's great for watching a pop concert but the old Empire Stadium was better for watching football - even with the rivers of piss from the gents.

• Like 1

Â