Best football stadium visited anywhere in the world

dakid007

Been to the two big spanish ones, although impressive I wouldn't call them the best. 

If I had to make a list of the stadiums Ive been to; top 3 would be Villa Park, Pride Park and Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt. Last place most definitely White Hart Lane.

More to do with the memories but I loved Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium in Sarajevo. Thought I was going to be part of another Hillsborough on the way in, was absolute chaos. 

Saw USA come from 2-0 down to win 4-3 and Jozy Altidore(!) scored a hattrick! 

I genuinely believe that the Holte End is one of the great stands in all of world football.  

As unique as the outside of the Holte is, I can't help but remember it's a pale imitation of the the most beautiful football stand in the history of football stadia, and the act of vandalism that occurred when it was pulled down. 

Villa Park really is a special ground though. As much as it's changed over the years, it's still retained its character. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Oh I agree about the Trinity Road stand.  The new one isn't bad but the old one was something else.  We didn't even get a capacity increase out of it did we? I'm sure the new executive boxes and office space is very nice but they could have been put elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Camp Nou has to up there, even though I've never seen a game there

ditto. Not seen a game but the stadium blew me away on the tour.

I was quite disappointed to be honest, yes it was HUGE but I thought it was quite worn down and wooden.

Unless it's changed in the last 5-6 years?

0,,10265~10484015,00.jpg

You can keep your white steel identikit stadium.

I've stood here, when it was one.

Most often, I stand here:

Bw2xLszIQAAU1WK.jpg

where 40 or 50 idiots under the TV gantry can make one hell of a noise, then break out the flasks and kitkats at half time

so Jenner Park is my other fave, 'cos it means I'm home on a weekend or an evening

Camp Nou has to up there, even though I've never seen a game there

ditto. Not seen a game but the stadium blew me away on the tour.

I was quite disappointed to be honest, yes it was HUGE but I thought it was quite worn down and wooden.

Unless it's changed in the last 5-6 years?

a stadium being new doesn't make it good.
  • Like 1

Â