DayZ Standalone

AshVillain

Just started playing this on Steam - still completely in Alpha at the time of this post (.48) and has just been confirmed that it will be coming to PS4 (in 2015) in the future.

The game has many issues right now, but still one of my favourite games at the moment.

It's an open world, you start with nothing apart from a couple of things in a backpack, it's PvP so you'll encounter other people, also trying to survive and sometimes they'll kill you, sometimes they won't.

You often have to negotiate with them, or agree to leave their safety zone etc.

Zombies are just a slight nuisance really, most of the fun is trying to attain the next level of equipment.  You can find choppers etc, but they won't work unless you have specific working parts for them.  If you get shot and you don't die, you'll bleed out, so you have to carry supplies, makes fires to cook etc.  Whilst the animations of your avatar are pretty crappy, it's the detail and function of the world you're in, is what makes it exciting.

Look on youtube, there are times where people with excellent military equipment take lesser folks hostage, shove them in a helicopter ("get in the chopper, or we'll shoot") and cart them off to a base where they get them to do stuff, shake them down or just let them go.

It's about trusting anonymous people, and if you die, you lose everything you've worked hard to attain.

I can't wait, I've watched videos etc, but never played it.

If you're interested in what you can get up to, the youtuber I like is called "Frankieonpcin1080p".

Played the mod and was extremely hyped for Standalone.

Brought it the moment it was released on steam almost a year ago now, played it for about 2 weeks and haven't played it since.

Extremely slow progress being made on it, only recently after nearly a year of it being out have they finally made it so loot respawns without having to wait for server to restart.

Also they keep adding all these new towns and stuff that nobody visits because they're too far away, but they don't want to add vehicles yet because they want a extremely detailed system of putting them together.

The majority of DayZ players i know would go back to the game if they just added even a basic bicycle.

I recommend getting Arma 3 and playing Breaking Point, it's alot better than the Standalone currently is.

Edited by Bradd92

• 1 month later...

played this the other night with a couple of friends, the alpha is still good fun but can be quite frustrating.

obviously we want to run around together, so first thing we do after we spawn is find the nearest town with a road sign, look on a map online to figure out where we are and where its logical to meet up. so my friends spawn fairly close to each other, i on the otherhand end up on the other side of the map, atleast a 20 minute run. so i decide to jump of a cliff to kill my self and respawn with the hopes of being closer, i i get lag on the moment of the jump and instead of dying i break my leg, so i have to spend 15 minutes crawling to the ocean so i can drown my self. Obviously i spawned miles away again.

they really need to add a /kill command or some shit because that stuff right there makes me want to break my computer. or so you can spawn in groups

• 5 years later...

Anyone playing DayZ on PS4. OMG its frustrating in an intriguing way, just when you have founs good weapons and good equipment, you cant find food and die of either starvation, dehydration or a cold

Edited by Taxahunter

6 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Anyone playing DayZ on PS4. OMG its frustrating in an intriguing way, just when you have founs good weapons and good equipment, you cant find food and die of either starvation, dehydration or a cold

I used to play on PC. You'd spend hours  building up some decent weapons and trying to find people just to clip through a bannister, break your legs and be found shortly afterwards and put to death. I used to play with 1 or 2 others at a time which made it a lot more enjoyable for me.

Â