Pre-Match Thread

PieFacE

Can is out for 6 weeks.

Skrtel and Johnson are out too. Bit of an injury crisis.

They're probably stronger with Skrtel and Johnson out

probably. They wouldnt have got picked anyway.

Joe Allen is also in major doubt.

Sturridge out puts massive pressure on Mario, and I can see him bottle it, especially at home. We've won there recently with arguably a worse team than we have now, so maybe we can do an old smash n grab.

Sturridge out puts massive pressure on Mario, and I can see him bottle it, especially at home. We've won there recently with arguably a worse team than we have now, so maybe we can do an old smash n grab.

Mario loves a goal against us though :(

• Like 1

Yeah that is what worries me, its made for him to be the hero.

I'd be very pleased with a point.

I imagine Lambert will go with an unchanged line-up, assuming Vlaar is fit, of course. Personally, I'd like to see Sanchez given a start, as we could do with a bit of extra strength to keep Balotelli quiet. Really don't know what to predict, but no Sturridge is a bonus.

I'd Play: 

____________________Guzan____________________

__________Senderos___Vlaar____Okore____________

___Hutton__________________________Cissokho____
____________Westy__________Delph_______________
______Gabby_______________________N'Zogbia_____
___________________Weimann____________________

• Like 1

Yeah that is what worries me, its made for him to be the hero.

I'd be very pleased with a point.

I'd be delighted with a point to be honest 

This sort of game shows the mental side of football.

Anfield has been really good for us in recent years, take last year went to Anfield when we'd just had a terrible xmas run and Liverpool had just started smashing teams which would continue for three months...and out of nowhere we produce our best performance of the season, a game we should've won given our dominance in the first half.

Which begs the question why we can never do that sort of performance on the Manchester grounds.

I think we'll lose 2-1 but I'd be happy with a good battling performance to take into the Arsenal game. Just think our back 4 will be found out a bit against the pace Liverpool have in attack and Balotelli always scores against us.