Pre-Match Thread

PieFacE

Its hard to imagine we will do as well there as we did last season. Anfield is a bit of a fortress. If we get anything it will be a marvelous result.

Lambert has a good record there with Villa, 4 points from a possible six. I'm predicting a draw.

Last 5 at Anfield:

2009/10: Liverpool 1-3 Villa

2010/11: Liverpool 3-0 Villa

2011/12: Liverpool 1-1 Villa

2012/13: Liverpool 1-3 Villa

2013/14: Liverpool 2-2 Villa

Can't be many teams with a better record than that up there surely.

We've done well up there of late, and we're on good form. Also Lambert's record against Brendan Rodgers is excellent. And Sturridge is out. 

However I still think it'll be a tough ask, especially with Benteke out. We'll need to do a job on Sterling especially as he has become quite the player since we last played them. If I were a betting man I'd say home win, but I think we can realistically take home a point if we perform well.

• Like 1

I'll go with my common, boring hope for this game: I hope we give our all and give make them fight hard for the points that I think they'll get in the end. They're at least a step up from us, so I don't expect anything. Hoping for some kind of upset, definitely, but not counting on it.

We are being completely under-estimated by the pundits & bookies (backed us at 14.5 on Betfair)..

I feel we have the potential to cause an upset. Liverpool away is the type of game where Gabby can come through with one of his rare star performances. Weimann will have no fear after his outstanding performance in Anfield last year. If the back 4 can keep up their current form we are definitely in with a shout and wouldn't be surprised if we come home with at least a draw. 

• Like 1