Pre-Match Thread

PieFacE

So.... Premier League football is back after this dire International break! 

How do you think we will line up?

I think we'll go 4-4-2 diamond like we did last year. I also think the team will be one of the two...

Guzan

Hutton - Senderos - Vlaar - Aly

Westwood

Bacuna       Delph

Cleverley

Weimann - Gabby

OR

Guzan

Hutton - Senderos - Vlaar - Aly

Sanchez

Westwood      Delph

Cleverley

Weimann - Gabby

I'd probably go with the first one as Sanchez doesn't look ready yet IMO. 

I can't see Cleverley going straight into the starting 11 personally, think he will be on the bench and we will start the same as against Hull.

Really tough game but I'm hoping that we are playing them at a good time seeing as its 3 days before their CL game which is surely more important to them.

I suspect Sturridge will make an amazing recovery in time to face us and old Mario loves playing against us but hoping for a point which would be a very good result.

Wished we had Benteke back for this one. I think we could have a problem containing them for 90mins, while being fairly toothless up front ourselves.

A draw would be a good result....three points a steal.

• Like 1

Feel like we could win, but gonna say draw so as not to jinx it. Only two questions for me:

1. Will Sanchez or Cleverley get a start (not necessarily an either/or scenario)

2. Which Liverpool player dives for the penalty

Would like to see Bacuna get some minutes. I know it probably isn't the best game for him to start, but then realistically which game coming up is?

Feel like we could win, but gonna say draw so as not to jinx it. Only two questions for me:

1. Will Sanchez or Cleverley get a start (not necessarily an either/or scenario)

Would like to see Bacuna get some minutes. I know it probably isn't the best game for him to start, but then realistically which game coming up is?

I can't see Lambert changing a winning side. It would sort of undermine how well some of the players have played, so I think we'll start like against Hull. 

I can't see Lambert changing a winning side. It would sort of undermine how well some of the players have played, so I think we'll start like against Hull.

Yeah I'd probably go along with that actually, the bench will probably see the biggest changes. To be brutally honest I don't see that side having enough steel to beat them, but given the situation with Sanchez and Cleverley it's likely a bit of a balancing act.

Bookies think we're going to get smashed.

Aston Villa: 12/1

Liverpool: 1/4

I put a bet on Villa 2 weeks ago when the odds were at 10/1, so faith in us is dropping.

I'm still quietly confident, without being naive. Either way, it should be a good game B)

I just hope we continue to play with confidence. The last 2 games have again seen us have 1 good half; 1 bad half. Vlaar being fit will be vital as a new pairing of Okore and Senderos has mistakes in them and Plop will run riot. Would love to have a zero in the loss column come Sunday morning but I think they 'll have too much for us unfortunately

2 - 0 Redscousepondscum