Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

The weird thing about this tournament is that Russia win their final game and they will likely be through as one of the better 3rd place teams.

Win their final game and they could very well go through in second place

I really don't think England are going to get out of the group stages. I don't know if it's just my natural negativity making me feel that way or if there's some kind of logic behind it... I just think every team we play in our group will sit back and make it incredibly difficult for us. 

Just now, chrissmith921 said:

Can you see England beating this Slovakia team? I wouldn't say its certain...

No chance. We don't have anyone good enough for the Wales team and they barely beat them.

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

No chance. We don't have anyone good enough for the Wales team and they barely beat them.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't think England are going to get out of the group stages. I don't know if it's just my natural negativity making me feel that way or if there's some kind of logic behind it... I just think every team we play in our group will sit back and make it incredibly difficult for us. 

We'll win the group.

I think England get out of the group, but as a relatively neutral observer I'd still love to see the reaction from England (fans, pundits, players) to a loss to Wales.  The excuse making would be fascinating, because you know there'd be no climbdown or admissions of inferiority or anything of the sort.  So they'd have to somehow admit the loss while still trying to claim to be the better team.  Cringe-tastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I think England get out of the group, but as a relatively neutral observer I'd still love to see the reaction from England (fans, pundits, players) to a loss to Wales.  The excuse making would be fascinating, because you know there'd be no climbdown or admissions of inferiority or anything of the sort.  So they'd have to somehow admit the loss while still trying to claim to be the better team.  Cringe-tastic.

The better team on the day or the better team overall?

You'd be hard pressed to argue Wales are a better team than England. very hard pressed.

But they could quite easily be the better team on the day, of course.

They won't though, England will win tomorrow.

Â