Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I hate pages like that.  WTF is wrong with lists?  Normal text going from top to bottom?  Now I've to click 24 **** arrows to scroll through it.  Well they can **** off.  Similarly, this new craze the Brum Mail and others have of 'video articles', where you have to watch and listen to the journalist rather than read the poxy thing :rant:  It's utterly stupid, not least because they're removing anyone who can't listen to something in the workplace.

I totally agree. drives me up the wall.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

BBC has story/video of the English fans fighting, smashing up biuldings and being a bunch of words removed. Not even a ball kicked yet. Its only a matter of time before "the police are picking on us" when we see them getting smashed to bits inside a stadium somewhere...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Adult human beings.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I hate pages like that.  WTF is wrong with lists?  Normal text going from top to bottom?  Now I've to click 24 **** arrows to scroll through it.  Well they can **** off.  Similarly, this new craze the Brum Mail and others have of 'video articles', where you have to watch and listen to the journalist rather than read the poxy thing :rant:  It's utterly stupid, not least because they're removing anyone who can't listen to something in the workplace.

Advertising money. I also despise it.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

BBC has story/video of the English fans fighting, smashing up biuldings and being a bunch of words removed. Not even a ball kicked yet. Its only a matter of time before "the police are picking on us" when we see them getting smashed to bits inside a stadium somewhere...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Are you in Marseille? Did you view the incident first hand? Can you be certain our fans were not acting in self defence? If not then its probably best not to judge until you know the facts.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

especially when the journalist is that bell-end Gregg Evans.

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

First match against the Czechs. I like this. More chaos please 

Oh there will be.  May not involve players in the squad but it will rock Spanish football.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The De Gea thing is blowing up now.  He's been sent home.

Appears that the source of that one was the ever hilarious Forest Echo News.  

Just for kicks I went off to do a google image search for the profile pics of their staff, some amusing results - Kito Onyango or Pierre Thomas | Duncan Clements or Sean Barlow | and of course, Simon Rowntree or Peter van der Veen). 

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Are you in Marseille? Did you view the incident first hand? Can you be certain our fans were not acting in self defence? If not then its probably best not to judge until you know the facts.

Just watching a live feed of these saints all pissed up,  in the faces of the many police singing "stand up if you hate the French". 

What a bunch of bellends 

Why can't they just have a few beers and a laugh amongst themselves? Why do they feel the need to chant at the police are just standing around keeping the peace? 

The world is watching them tonight,  I bet it turns violent before too long. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I like how Sky are trying to paint English fans in a bad light. "Looking like a flashpoint on the horizon". England fans doing a stand up/sit down song...

They are trying to get a rise out of the locals by singing "stand up if you hate the French" in front of the police. They have only themselves to blame if (when) it boils over as I'm sure someone will go too far before too long. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are trying to get a rise out of the locals by singing "stand up if you hate the French" in front of the police. They have only themselves to blame if (when) it boils over as I'm sure someone will go too far before too long. 

I like how there was a "and many Marseille fans have came out around the English fans" under their breath, because God forbid any other nations fans have ever done anything. :crylaugh:

Police just charged at them, they all ran but few got picked up. French police clearly don't know how to handle English fans, what happened to the English cops who were supposed to be going? 

yep, 70 local yoofs went looking for trouble, the english happily gave them it, police went in heavy handed, we get blamed, its nothing new

i did love the itv reporter who got herself in the mixer, surrounded by pissed up dickheads, reporting on how naughty the english lot had been, interrupted by a bloke chanting "russian hooligan" she was in the middle of the russian yobs not the english :lol:

Â