Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Three 0-0 draws gives you an 87% chance of getting through the group.

Defensive Euros ahead?

On the contrary don't see many good defenders around so think they'll be a lot of goals.

That's usually the trend in euros, plenty of goals at least in the group stages and then teams shut up shop at quarter final stage, pretty identical to world cup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

On the contrary don't see many good defenders around so think they'll be a lot of goals.

That's usually the trend in euros, plenty of goals at least in the group stages and then teams shut up shop at quarter final stage, pretty identical to world cup.

Hope you're right.

But I don't think it will have escaped managers' attentions that 3 draws could very easily see you through. The motivation to get a winning goal isn't as high.

I think is a lot of weaker teams that could see a lot of goals. Only Spain group which I expect be competitive will potentially be that close. I think winning the group well gets you a 3rd placed team as well in next phase

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I feel like a lot of the non big names are pretty sharp defensively, though. Wales, Ukraine, Slovakia, Romania, Iceland, Albania, Austria, Russia, Croatia, Ireland didn't concede too many in qualifying. I do hope there's goals, though!

13 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Heading off tomorrow. Cant wait. Going to:

England v Russia, Rep. Ireland v Sweden, Russia v Slovakia, England v Wales, Czech v Croatia, England v Slovakia, Czech v Turkey 

Plus I have conditional England tickets for the quarters and semis. Hoping for a safe, exciting tournament with the only headlines being made by those on the pitch. Bring it on!

Brilliant stuff and I couldn't agree more on that final point.  I really hope against hope that it passes without incident.  Have a ball :thumb: 

• Like 1

My mates are in Paris for it now.

They've already met Rio Ferdinand and Jermaine Jenas. They even featured on Rio's instagram (kind of!)

It's made me very jealous that I'm not going!
(not the Rio and Jenas stuff. Just the fact that they're out there already and having a blast)

I have two tickets for the final of Euro 2016 but hadn't realised that it was on the same day as my wedding, so I obviously can't attend now.   If anyone is interested instead of me then let me know.......

Forgot to add, her name is Kerry and it will be at St Andrews Church, Sedgley.   :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 3

On 07/06/2016 at 23:27, Ikantcpell said:

Is there any rivalry between Wales and England ?

The Welsh dislike England more than vice versa. In my experience is a friendlier rivalry than many, having spent a lot of time in Wales with Welsh friends and drunkenly watching rugby matches between the nations .

The rivalry with the Scots is stronger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

The whole 3rd place thing makes it really annoying trying to work out different scenarios!

Try doing at as a football travel business! An absolute nightmare to organise. Plus, as a fan, booking travel and hotels is a minefield when there are so many permutations. 

Still, first world problems...;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Welsh dislike England more than vice versa. In my experience is a friendlier rivalry than many, having spent a lot of time in Wales with Welsh friends and drunkenly watching rugby matches between the nations .

The rivalry with the Scots is stronger.

I get the feeling that the scots, irish and welshmen dislikes you more then you dislikes them.

Same here in scandinavia, Norway,Denmark and Finland love to hate sweden, but we dont care so much about them.

Â