Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do the results of these friendlies really matter. Nobody is going to want to get injured before the tournament. Wales will be better when it matters. 

Only to the English media....

Should be a lot of goals in this tournament at least. I think there's a real lack of quality defenders around compared to even 10 years ago and judging by the warm ups even the favourites are quite easy to score against, France conceded two v Cameroon the other day.

• Like 1

Anyone know if Cabeye is likely to play much for France? I drafted him in fantasy football, am not sure he'll be first choice but don't know who I can trade him out with :-/

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Giroud has hit a bit of form in the last couple of friendlies but all 3 of the teams they have in the group have a stingier defence than the teams Germany are playing

Just looking at it on paper you'd fancy Ronaldo to get some goals vs Austria, Hungary and Iceland

Giroud bit of form coincided with a hat-trick vs Villa :rolleyes: :detect:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Only to the English media....

Should be a lot of goals in this tournament at least. I think there's a real lack of quality defenders around compared to even 10 years ago and judging by the warm ups even the favourites are quite easy to score against, France conceded two v Cameroon the other day.

said it before, defending in football is dead. except Italy defensive line, Ramos and probably Pepe not a good defender left in the tournament. e.g. Mats Hummels people rate as top class but he really is actually crap

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I'd be wary of reading too much into that but it is a bad result for Spain. Georgia! Oh dear.

...and to think England were criticised for beating Portugal 1-0 :lol:

Â