Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

isco, mata, cazorla and diego costa all miss the spain squad

bit harsh on saul from atletico, he's missed out too, had a great season

bellerin called up

Imagine being able to leave out those players?

They'd probably all be the best players in the England squad :D

Yep such an ambulance of talent in midfield... And yet some Spanish reporters are saying Spain will do nothing. It makes me laugh how De Gea isn't their number one keeper as well..

Does anyone know if koke is a regular starter, wanted him in my dream team but i don't know if he is regular starter enough...

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Does anyone know if koke is a regular starter, wanted him in my dream team but i don't know if he is regular starter enough...

If I were a betting man, I'd say they'll start with a midfield of Busquets holding, Fabgreas and Iniesta in front of him, Silva and Pedro.

• Like 1

I'm guessing Coman isn't a regular either? 

How old is the Portugal squad? They really so seem to struggle to bring in new players, and never seem to have a good striker (ronaldo to me is a forward not a striker)

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep such an ambulance of talent in midfield... And yet some Spanish reporters are saying Spain will do nothing. It makes me laugh how De Gea isn't their number one keeper as well..

Nah, it's England who've taken the 'ambulance of talent' ;)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Is there a better free kick taker in the world on current form?

the angle on that makes it an even better finish for me, not really much of a shot even on

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

the angle on that makes it an even better finish for me, not really much of a shot even on

Yep.

In real time, from the TV angle, I assumed it was bad goalkeeping to let it in from there. 

But it really isn't.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

imagine looking at a bloke with 77 caps who plays for arsenal and thinking "nah he's been injured and not played much recently i wont call him up"...

Spain have so much quality in midfield even with retirements of Xavi and Alonso but yes am amazed Saul Niguez has been left out, is this Lucas guy really that good?

I think the most bonkers Del Bosque decision is still to come.....Casillas to remain as number one. 

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

More to do with motivation I think, won everything at International level and it came to a head at last World cup.

Spain will be better this time as still lot of quality although their striking options aren't as good as 6 years ago and I think they'll have issues in defence if they lose one of Pique or Ramos to suspension as Barta ain't played much this season. And that's before you get to the goalkeepers....

It's worth remembering Spain have always built their success on clean sheets at major tournaments. I think like England this Spain will leak cheap goals at crucial times, Bosnia got a free header from a corner in their last friendly on Sunday.

Semi finalists.

Edited by VillaChris

yeah I dont think Spain will do much come latter stages but on their day they can still beat anybody. I expect a hell of a lot better performance than World Cup though they are in far from an easy group

As I'm not really a gambler, can I have some opinion on this bet I have done this morning please.  I have put £10 on France to win and Giroud to end up tournament top scorer at 33/1.  Stand to get £340 back if they both come off.  My brother in law convinced me it was a good bet yesterday and has placed £50 on this to happen.  I cannot afford to lose that kind of money though.  Whilst in Hills this morning I did also fancy Germany to win and Muller to be top scorer at 18/1.  May go back this week and place £10 on that as well?  What do people think of these type of double bets? Also, any other comments or tournament tips would be appreciated as makes it more interesting for me. 

Giroud has hit a bit of form in the last couple of friendlies but all 3 of the teams they have in the group have a stingier defence than the teams Germany are playing

Just looking at it on paper you'd fancy Ronaldo to get some goals vs Austria, Hungary and Iceland

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Giroud has hit a bit of form in the last couple of friendlies but all 3 of the teams they have in the group have a stingier defence than the teams Germany are playing

Just looking at it on paper you'd fancy Ronaldo to get some goals vs Austria, Hungary and Iceland

Cheers mate, I did look at Ronaldo too but odds for outright top scorer were stingy,  best was 8/1 when I looked and don't think Portugal can win it.  May look at the Germany one again in the week. 

Big wake up call for Wales here with Sweden of all teams smashing them.:lol:

No Bale and there's very little goal threat about them and not too much for opposition to worry about. Not a good time either for their solid defence to have a car crash performance. 

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Belgium's defending is horrific...having rubbish full backs is really hurting them in these warm ups.

Lukaku's little brother is not doing so bad imo

Â